Jim James Regions of Light and Sound of God (Deluxe Reissue)

Started by Mr. White, Jun 28, 2022, 03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

https://smarturl.it/RegionsDeluxeReissue

https://mymorningjacket.colortestmerch.com/collections/jim-james/products/jim-james-regions-of-light-and-sound-of-god-deluxe-reissue

https://shop.atorecords.com/product/ATLP441/regions-of-light-and-sound-of-god?cp=126_111699

https://jimjames.bandcamp.com/album/regions-of-light-and-sound-of-god-deluxe-edition

Jim James - Regions Of Light And Sound Of God (Deluxe Reissue)
Regular price $40.00

Deluxe reissue of Jim's 2013 release Regions of Light and Sound of God on vinyl

Comes as the original album plus a bonus LP with 12 previously unreleased b-sides, demos and alternate takes on a set of 2 clear vinyl records with an opaque purple "color in color" effect. Also features a deluxe tip-on gatefold jacket with rainbow foil and custom inner-sleeves, labels and a fold-out insert with new artwork.

TRACKLIST
Side A
State of The Art (A.E.I.O.U.)
Know Til Now
Dear One
A New Life
Exploding

Side B
Of The Mother Again
Actress
All Is Forgiven
God's Love To Deliver

Side C
All Is Forgiven (Alt Version)
State of The Art (A.E.I.O.U.) [Demo]
A New Life (Alt Version)
Dear One (Demo)
God's Love To Deliver (Demo)

Side D
You Always Know
Read Between (Begin Again)
Epichord
Sweets
Moving Away (Alt Version)
Hallway of Trees

This is a pre-order item and will be delivered on or after July 29, 2022
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lucius

Whoa, I think I might like this new song more than most of the original album!

This seems a very out of the blue, premature re-release. Couldn't wait for the 10 year anniversary next year Jim? :grin: Not that I'm complaining
it wouldn't be a party without you

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ChiefOKONO

Hmm, that sounds pretty cool may have to get it.  Thanks Mr. White!

Mr. White

Well, looks like I jumped the gun on getting the Pre-Order through ATO Records. Bandcamp announced today that it will also be available through them and will include the download and streaming of the album. I always get stuff through Bandcamp when I can because of the exact same price because I can get it as a FLAC for sure and not the risk of getting just the MP3 version which usually comes in records these days. I sent them an e-mail asking if they could kindly refund me my money, so I can get it through Bandcamp. I hope it works.

Here's the Bandcamp link:

https://jimjames.bandcamp.com/album/regions-of-light-and-sound-of-god-deluxe-edition?from=fanpub_fnb

ChiefOKONO

Thank you for that info.  I already ordered but hopefully they end up offering FLAC as well...

Mr. White

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jun 30, 2022, 01:37 PMThank you for that info.  I already ordered but hopefully they end up offering FLAC as well...

They Canceled my order earlier today! ATO got back to me very quickly (less than 24 hours). I went ahead and ordered my Vinyl from Bandcamp, and it wound up saving me about one dollar and some change. The biggest thing for me is that it will be available for streaming whenever I want it! I can already stream the original album right now and the one preview song. The other ones will be available on release day.

Go Team ATO!!!

RobRoy286

What an awesome surprise!

Alt version of Moving Away?!

getinthevan

When was this album recorded?  Some studio pics were posted and the only time I remember Jim's hair being that short was 2007 before Evil Urges rolled out.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

MMJTX

Anytime

RobRoy286

This is fantastic. Moving Away, Actress and Dear One demos are so good.

RobRoy286

Quote from: getinthevan on Jul 28, 2022, 09:06 AMWhen was this album recorded?  Some studio pics were posted and the only time I remember Jim's hair being that short was 2007 before Evil Urges rolled out.
Think his hair was short in 2009-10 around the MoF tours. Assuming Moving Away is from before Circuital came out

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

getinthevan

Based on an Instagram post today where he said he wrote a bunch of these songs after his accident in 2008, I'm guessing the photos posted were from around 2009?  He fell off the stage in October 2008, if I remember correctly. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

sillyboob

Anyone else get this on Bandcamp?  It's released today, but the full album isn't available to download.  This really chaps my hide!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

wheelhousetunes

notdarkyet

pretty sure "Epichord" is the exact same as the Louisville Is For Lovers 6 version and that the Alt Version of "A New Life" is the same as the demo version that was a bonus download with the original release.  i don't remember how one got the bonus downloads, but it included that demo version and a Chris Funk remix of the same track.

Mr. White

Quote from: sillyboob on Jul 29, 2022, 10:20 PMAnyone else get this on Bandcamp?  It's released today, but the full album isn't available to download.  This really chaps my hide!

August 4, 2022
Just got a notification on my phone from Bandcamp saying Jim had finally uploaded the whole album (including the bonus tracks) to Bandcamp, and I confirmed it on my phone! (6 days late isn't too bad, I guess). I'm just happy to have it!

sillyboob

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 04, 2022, 04:39 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Jul 29, 2022, 10:20 PMAnyone else get this on Bandcamp?  It's released today, but the full album isn't available to download.  This really chaps my hide!

August 4, 2022
Just got a notification on my phone from Bandcamp saying Jim had finally uploaded the whole album (including the bonus tracks) to Bandcamp, and I confirmed it on my phone! (6 days late isn't too bad, I guess). I'm just happy to have it!

Finally!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.