Live Vol 2: 11/5/21

Started by getinthevan, Aug 28, 2022, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getinthevan

According to Amazon, we'll be seeing it on October 21st!

"The second release in My Morning Jacket's MMJ Live series. Recorded live at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, IL on Nov 11, 2021 and featuring a setlist of career highlights from recent tracks: "Love Love Love", "Complex" and "Never In The Real World" from the recent self-titled album, plus classics "Dondante", "Mahgeetah" and "Phone Went West". Three LPs pressed on llimited-edition translucent orange vinyl and packaged in a triple gatefold jacket."

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BBW1SY1Z/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_G175A2FY60VN1WPQRCEK_0?fbclid=IwAR3wgqzLMDPVmYfm_jwy0eztH3F44XhGXcD03uQvpkVgxoPGhsTiwqyVSkg
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

walterfredo

ericm

I'm glad they chose one of those shows for this release.  :thumbsup:

I'd have preferred night one but not gonna complain about getting this show instead. It was a fantastic run of shows and they couldn't go wrong choosing any of the three nights.
"Where's Jim going?"

Nikkogino

Quote from: ericm on Aug 28, 2022, 04:28 PMI'm glad they chose one of those shows for this release.  :thumbsup:

I'd have preferred night one but not gonna complain about getting this show instead. It was a fantastic run of shows and they couldn't go wrong choosing any of the three nights.
It looks to be night 1...says 11/5/21 in the description, which was night 1.

I'm hoping the album is a mix of both nights, or else vol 1 and 2 will have a lot of repeats (victory dance, compound fracture, Dondante)

ericm

Quote from: Nikkogino on Aug 28, 2022, 09:51 PM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 28, 2022, 04:28 PMI'm glad they chose one of those shows for this release.  :thumbsup:

I'm hoping the album is a mix of both nights, or else  vol 1 and 2 will have a lot of repeats (victory dance, compound fracture, Dondante)

Night one was Nov.4th and the songs mentioned weren't played that night. Looks to me to definitely be night two of the run.

No biggie though, as I said they couldn't go wrong with any of the nights. I just liked the 4th a bit more.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Nikkogino

Quote from: ericm on Aug 28, 2022, 11:24 PM
Quote from: Nikkogino on Aug 28, 2022, 09:51 PM

I'm hoping the album is a mix of both nights, or else  vol 1 and 2 will have a lot of repeats (victory dance, compound fracture, Dondante)

Night one was Nov.4th and the songs mentioned weren't played that night. Looks to me to definitely be night two of the run.

No biggie though, as I said they couldn't go wrong with any of the nights. I just liked the 4th a bit more.  :beer:
you are right.

Lonndown27

Yes my birthday show had an UNREAL SET LIST!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Nikkogino

I hope this becomes a regular thing...and more frequent.  MMJ started my vinyl craze back in the day, and I've peeled back on my purchasing habits over the past few years (kids!).  At this point, MMJ is the only band where I never skip a vinyl release.

ericm

Quote from: Nikkogino on Aug 29, 2022, 04:13 PMI hope this becomes a regular thing...and more frequent.  MMJ started my vinyl craze back in the day, and I've peeled back on my purchasing habits over the past few years (kids!).  At this point, MMJ is the only band where I never skip a vinyl release.

Right there with ya.  :thumbsup:

I'd love it if they ever did one of these for one of the shows during the NYC Beacon run but I'm thinking that might just be wishful thinking.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

How long of a delay was there from the Volume 1 vinyl release, to it being released on apple/Spotify? I'm not a vinyl guy but I was at this show and am stoked to hear it!

Bigtommystyle

Why dont they release more of their sbd's?  Cant help like they are missing a big opportunity here.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Bigtommystyle on Aug 30, 2022, 12:18 PMWhy dont they release more of their sbd's?  Cant help like they are missing a big opportunity here.
Great question, wish I had the answer. I know I'd buy damn near every one if I could.

ChiefOKONO

Sounds great to me!  I was wondering when the next one was going to be!

MMJCOBRA

Wonder what the tracklist will be. No way it will all fit on 3 LPS. Probably at LEAST 30 minutes too long.

RobRoy286

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on Aug 30, 2022, 09:18 PMWonder what the tracklist will be. No way it will all fit on 3 LPS. Probably at LEAST 30 minutes too long.
As long as we get that If All Else Fails, I'm good.

Nikkogino

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on Aug 30, 2022, 09:18 PMWonder what the tracklist will be. No way it will all fit on 3 LPS. Probably at LEAST 30 minutes too long.
They also better leave PWW on there. 

Victory Dance and Compound Fracture are obvious choices since these versions don't add much from the versions on vol 1.

The version of Dondante would have to make the cut, but would it fit?

MMJTX

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 31, 2022, 12:27 AM

I'm not sure i've listened to this chicago show yet. Was this "All Else Fails" sped up like the one they just did at RR? if you haven't heard it yet go do yourself a favor and listen to it, it's..incredible.
Anytime

RobRoy286

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 31, 2022, 08:42 AM

I'm not sure i've listened to this chicago show yet. Was this "All Else Fails" sped up like the one they just did at RR? if you haven't heard it yet go do yourself a favor and listen to it, it's..incredible.
Yup, it was the first time they ever did it! Was so surprising and awesome. And thanks for reminding me we have the OBH soundboard!

Lonndown27

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 31, 2022, 08:42 AM

Greatest IAEF, sooo amazing. Want that played at every show now.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Come Closer

Easy pass. Such a shame they don't go to the vault more. Maybe there's not much there.