Doesn’t sound promising for Fall/NYE Run

Started by ericm, Sep 12, 2022, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

The email announcement sent today talking about the tour starting back up tonight mentions how with OBH not happening in 23, L'Ville will be the "last show for a little while".

Hopefully they'll hit 23 hard and fast with a nice spring run and with Florida getting some love again.
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

ranyart

This is not the news I wanted to hear on a Monday morning.  While the email did say there is no OBH in 2023 it did not specifically rule out NYE shows and Mission Ballroom is still open so I'm holding onto a small measure of hope it will still happen.

Come on fellas!  This is literally the third year in a row that I have taken off work for NYE many months in advance with nothing to show for it, although we were tantalizingly close last year.

<3

ChiefOKONO

Hmm.  Hopefully this could mean that they will be recording new album after this tour and then start back up again in Spring (among the living!)

Cameron

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 12, 2022, 02:23 PMHmm.  Hopefully this could mean that they will be recording new album after this tour and then start back up again in Spring (among the living!)

My hope as well. Either way I'm glad I'm seeing one more show this year.

ericm

Quote from: ranyart on Sep 12, 2022, 12:56 PMThis is not the news I wanted to hear on a Monday morning.  While the email did say there is no OBH in 2023 it did not specifically rule out NYE shows and Mission Ballroom is still open so I'm holding onto a small measure of hope it will still happen.

Come on fellas!  This is literally the third year in a row that I have taken off work for NYE many months in advance with nothing to show for it, although we were tantalizingly close last year.

<3

No it didn't but by the way they worded it, as much as I'm bummed, it sure sounds like no fall shows or NYE run.

To me if they were planning on a NYE run they would've just left the statement at L'Ville will be the last show for a while. A while could be two months (NYE Run) but by mentioning no OBH 23 it sure sounds like any shows after L'Ville will be sometime later in 23 than OBH would've been.
"Where's Jim going?"

slappymoe

still bummed that the amphitheater/waterfront combo was canceled and replaced with the yum center, but this news makes me very optimistic that they're going to treat us to an epic experience in louisville.

ranyart

Just saw that The String Cheese Incident is playing Mission Ballroom for NYE so I guess that dream is dashed...

Enjoy the fall tour folks and we'll see you in Louisville!

ChiefOKONO

Also, I'm perfectly content with the band taking time off more often instead of having to do another long hiatus to avoid burn out!

rkwedge

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 12, 2022, 02:23 PMHmm.  Hopefully this could mean that they will be recording new album after this tour and then start back up again in Spring (among the living!)
I'm not so sure they haven't already. I saw a pic back in early August of Jim and Patrick at the mix board of this studio, I'd post it if I could ever figure out how too.

http://www.palominosound.com/
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Bulldog

I have no issue with the boys taking as much time as they need. Where I do get frustrated though is my priority is always MMJ, but if they are not going to do NYE or OBH I would like to spend my $$ elsewhere and am either left waiting till its to late to doubling up like last year. Last year Dead and co announced first and I didnt think OBH was gonna happen so bought those, thankfully things worked out.

All I'm saying is let me know early, there were a ton of good destination shows I would have tried to attend of they had just said definitively they were not doing anything.

rincon2

From reading several articles the past year it sounds like the band is consciously planning significant voids in touring and recording, in order to actually last longer. Maybe a simplified view, but everything seems to point out that in 17 they were burned out and may never get back together. It all implied to me they will continue to have fairly long breaks, guessing 9-18 months, in order to keep the fire going. I feel it is very understandable, if I am correct.

Lucius

If they can fit in a quick European tour before their next break that would be great :thumbsup: #brokenrecord
it wouldn't be a party without you