One Big Family

Started by MMJTX, Feb 06, 2023, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

So looks like we finally have our official "fan club" back for Jacket?
Anytime

Jackets N Pones

Thanks for the heads up. Joined!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ranyart

Yes we do and looking forward to seeing y'all there!

rkwedge

Joined. Hope this does turn into the official fan club with perks.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Bulldog

Stoked, gotta be better than Wonderful Union (or whatever it was called).

Hopefully this indicates the release of some tour dates. I'll be at work, but I'd be interested to hear what they say on Discord tomorrow.

Yeryl

Joined! Hope to see ya'll over there. Looking forward to good things coming our way.  
Can't you see that I'm smiling?

Cameron

Quote from: Bulldog on Feb 06, 2023, 08:37 PMStoked, gotta be better than Wonderful Union (or whatever it was called).

Hopefully this indicates the release of some tour dates. I'll be at work, but I'd be interested to hear what they say on Discord tomorrow.

I was also hoping this means tour dates are being announced soon.

buymycar

What is this NFT/Digital Wallet nonsense? No thank you.

MMJTX

I'm just happy that this has to mean there are still big things to come from the boys including albums and tours so bring it on!
Anytime

Come Closer

Until this is an actual fan club that deals with the ticketmaster bs, this is a nothingburger. The tech for interacting with other fans is fine.

ChiefOKONO

This seems pretty cool so far.  I'm all for it and hopefully it helps the ticket situation.  I like the fan art/merch idea submissions too.

I am pretty sure you don't have to do any of the NFT stuff if you don't want to.

subinai

the discord is a cool addition

ranyart

Looks like we got our first email announcing a presale though OBF for some California dates (Berkeley Greek and Hollywood Bowl).  I'm very interested to see how this works out so please let us know how it goes for anyone who tries!

LBSUNFLWR

Mr. White

I'm on there as Darkstarflashes (free Discord account with no avatar) but don't know how much I'll interact with others there. I did post a picture from 4/20/2022 from the rail in Knoxville and a couple of my framed concert posters. Their "forum" of a sorts is on a thing called Discord, and it seems odd and a bit hard to maneuver through. I don't know. I just wish they would promote this Forum, the Real Forum, the Original Forum a little instead of just ignoring us here. When I went to the St. Louis show in 2021, I spoke to a band representative there who was handling the VIP stuff, and when I mentioned the Forum, she said she didn't even know it existed until earlier that day! Very odd. We are on our own.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

searchinbig

Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 09, 2023, 10:06 PMI'm on there as Darkstarflashes (free Discord account with no avatar) but don't know how much I'll interact with others there. I did post a picture from 4/20/2022 from the rail in Knoxville and a couple of my framed concert posters. Their "forum" of a sorts is on a thing called Discord, and it seems odd and a bit hard to maneuver through. I don't know. I just wish they would promote this Forum, the Real Forum, the Original Forum a little instead of just ignoring us here. When I went to the St. Louis show in 2021, I spoke to a band representative there who was handling the VIP stuff, and when I mentioned the Forum, she said she didn't even know it existed until earlier that day! Very odd. We are on our own.

Well said Mr. White. I am not on any form of social media and never will be! Always check this board though.

Guess I'll keep on living in the stone age.  :embarrassed:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ChiefOKONO

While discord has its pros and cons, I will always check in here because I feel a special attachment to this forum and it definitely makes it easier to keep track of various topics.  discord is more a chat style site....

ericm

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 10, 2023, 02:21 PMWhile discord has its pros and cons, I will always check in here because I feel a special attachment to this forum and it definitely makes it easier to keep track of various topics.  discord is more a chat style site....

Same here.

I'll check in on the new place but this is where I'll always be.

I've met so many really great people over the years thanks to this place and it's where my heart is. No way I'm bailing out.
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 09, 2023, 10:06 PMI don't know. I just wish they would promote this Forum, the Real Forum, the Original Forum a little instead of just ignoring us here. When I went to the St. Louis show in 2021, I spoke to a band representative there who was handling the VIP stuff, and when I mentioned the Forum, she said she didn't even know it existed until earlier that day! Very odd. We are on our own.
I'm with you, this forum has become pretty much a place for us diehards who don't do the social media stuff. Like ChiefOKONO says there's a special attachment to this place and it's easy to navigate (other then posting pictures) :grin: also like ericm I've met so many people out on the road due to this place, including you ericm at the Bloomfield shows and I would have met you Mr. White in Louisville last summer had the shows not been canceled. This will still be home to me too.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR