Roll Call - St. Augustine FL. 6/15/2023

Started by ericm, Mar 22, 2023, 05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

Nole0202

1) ericm
2) Nole0202 & Hubby (also going to Charleston)

APR

1) ericm
3) APR + 1 (also going to Charleston)

Angelo

1) ericm
4) Angelo +1, +2, +3, or even up to +4, time will tell! 

ericm

Just a heads up everyone but they'll be a strict 10:00 curfew for this show since it's a weeknight. No worries though as there's plenty to do either at the beach or downtown post show. Good eats and drink.
"Where's Jim going?"

Nole0202

Before - Cafe 11 for 1/2 price Happy Hour (3-7) with FL & GA crafts
After - Ice Plant for St. Augustine Bourbon

ericm

Nice pre show spot about a mile north of the Amp and just past the Lighthouse. Located between the Amp and downtown.

http://kaisersdeli.com/

They've been a food vender  at a show or two already and hearing they're most likely going to be extending their hours on concert nights to be open for post show eats and drink. Tasty sandwiches and nice beer/wine selection as well.
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Quote from: ericm on Apr 10, 2023, 08:37 AMNice pre show spot about a mile north of the Amp and just past the Lighthouse. Located between the Amp and downtown.

http://kaisersdeli.com/

They've been a food vender  at a show or two already and hearing they're most likely going to be extending their hours on concert nights to be open for post show eats and drink. Tasty sandwiches and nice beer/wine selection as well.

Nice!  I'll plan to be hungry. 

easy way

1) ericm
5) easy way + Mrs. easy way (aka: Windeon) and the kiddos
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

jose elberto

1) ericm
5) easy way + Mrs. easy way (aka: Windeon) and the kiddos
6) jose elberto + my old lady

Super pumped!

ericm

Still plenty of tix available for this show in a tiny Amp (4,200 max). I'm sure it being a Thursday night has something to do with it and hopefully there will be a nice walk up but their last show here was sold out or pretty close to it.

They played here in 2010 on a Tuesday to maybe a half full amp and just killed it. Then a Saturday in 15 to a big crowd and killed it again. I know the show will be killer as usual and anyone looking for a long weekend, the twofer of this and South Carolina (4 HR's away) would be a great way to kick it off.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Only two more weeks til our guys rock the Nations oldest city!
"Where's Jim going?"

clayton

Cant wait for this show. Id love to get a met up before the show, somewhere. I, along with two buddies, will be staying right on the beach off A1A. Jacks and Cafe Eleven are two great places, especially Jacks, where we can all meet up before the show.

ericm

Quote from: clayton on Jun 05, 2023, 06:03 AMCant wait for this show. Id love to get a met up before the show, somewhere. I, along with two buddies, will be staying right on the beach off A1A. Jacks and Cafe Eleven are two great places, especially Jacks, where we can all meet up before the show.

Meh, Jacks is ok for a beer but I think we can do better along the beach, especially if people want to have something to eat as well.

Cafe 11 is a good option but Sunset Grille a little farther north on A1A Beach is fantastic. Great food with indoor/outdoor eating and drinking options. Salt Life is a nice spot as well but a bit on the pricey/chain type of place.

There's also the bar at the Embassy Suites which is the farthest north spot on A1A Beach closest to the amp. Not sure about food options there and it also has an outdoor bar by the pool but not sure if it's for guests only. I'll look into it.
"Where's Jim going?"

clayton

Yeah the bar at the Embassy is nice. Not sure of food. I can ask about that, i will be coming in from Athens.

ericm

Quote from: clayton on Jun 05, 2023, 09:34 AMYeah the bar at the Embassy is nice. Not sure of food. I can ask about that, i will be coming in from Athens.

I know the Embassy has a restaurant right by the bar I just don't know if they sell food at the bar as well. If anyone is staying there they have their own free happy hour for guests. Domestic beer and well drinks.
"Where's Jim going?"

jose elberto

If you guys settle on a meet up spot be sure to post it.

I'm coming up from Cape Coral day of, and hopefully stay away from traffic.

Angelo

I hope to get to the pregame. It depends on what time me and my buddy get into town. Keep me posted on the where and when please.

clayton

So it looks like the Embassy hotel has an indoor and outdoor bar. Also a restaurant indoors, not sure if they serve outdoors or not. Both can be used by folks not staying at the hotel.

ericm

Quote from: clayton on Jun 08, 2023, 09:26 AMSo it looks like the Embassy hotel has an indoor and outdoor bar. Also a restaurant indoors, not sure if they serve outdoors or not. Both can be used by folks not staying at the hotel.

They do. Only drawback to going there is parking. I know they charge guests $35 a day and there's no self parking. It's valet only. It really would be the perfect spot for a meet up though.  Plenty of room outside for all who want to join in and if it's too hot there's plenty of seating inside at the bar and lounge area around it.

I'm going to give them another call and find out about parking for non guests. I do know there's parking lots on the beach within walking distance to the Embassy and some free side street parking but that's limited.
"Where's Jim going?"