Bermuda Highway

Started by Crazy_Horse, May 13, 2003, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Horse

I just wanna know if the song Bermuda Highway is in any way dedicated to Kurt Kobain?

peanut butter puddin surprise

hmmm.....somehow I don't thing so, but interesting point.

what makes you say that?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Crazy_Horse

It's just the line "maybe I'm to blame for his short little fuc*ed up life" seems to remind me of Kurt Kobain. Maybe it's something more personal than that, just a thought.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Wow, I guess I never thought of it that way.  Good point!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

It could be about him, it could be about any tragic popstar. In fact, it could be about anyone who has a short, bitter, fucked up life.
I'm ready when you are

Repulsive Monkey

Yes fair enough but you do realise that the line before does say " sometimes I wonder that Meek guy, got all the fame, maybe I'm to blame?" and then it leads into " for his sure,bitter,fucked-up life".
I think the Meek bit refers to Joe Meek.Possibly not Kurt Cobain at all, however if it's meek as in quiet person then you're right it could be just about anyone.
Still it's a beautiful song all the same.

Dickie_Charles

I've always thought that part was about Jesus.  I mean, he was meek, and he certainly got a lot of fame.  The line "Sometimes I wonder why that meek guy got all the fame/maybe I'm too blame for his short bitter fucked up life" could refer to the fact that he (in Christian theory)died for our collective sins, and how one person might internalize that idea.  Just a thought.

Lieven

Quotefact that we (in Christian theory)collectively died for his sins

???

As far as I know, Christians believe that he (Jesus) died for our sins!
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

dirty old man

i have also thought that line might be about kurt cobain... but my favorite line is....

"your ass it draws me in like a Bermuda highway."

... makes me think about getting laid... and i like that!

Dickie_Charles

Lieven, good call.  That's muddled thinking for you, I guess.  It came out all wrong.  Though not a religious man, myself, I am aware of that fundamental idea.  I bow down before you, humbled and embarrassed.  But, mistake corrected, no one gives that idea any credence?

Oz

Quotei have also thought that line might be about kurt cobain... but my favorite line is....

Well, ofcourse, you´re a dirty old man! We wouldn´t have expected otherwise from you!  :)
I'm ready when you are

Lieven

Hey, no problem Dickie_Charles. I'm not that religious either. No need to bow or be embarrassed... we all make mistakes. I just felt I had to respond because it's an important aspect in christianity.

About your idea. Hmm could be, but I rather think it's not meant for one particular person. It could even be about Jim himself. I don't know, maybe he had two ideas of how his life would be, 2 ideas about what he wanted to do with his life... and for some reason the singer-part got all the fame, so now he's to blame for the short bitter fucked up life of that other part inside him...

Hmm  :-/  I'm not sure though, maybe this explanation goes too far. I sometimes feel like "hey, if I had chosen this or that, how would my life be now..." Well, it's me again, always wondering about life...
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

DD

Quotei have also thought that line might be about kurt cobain... but my favorite line is....

actually the song is about me.  jim says that about my ass everytime i see him.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

Oz

actually the song is about me.  jim says that about my ass everytime i see him.

You are aware of the fact that you have to post a topic of your ass now, to prove it, aren't you?
I'm ready when you are

DD

You are aware of the fact that you have to post a topic of your ass now, to prove it, aren't you?

do you mean "post a pic"?

if so jim said i cant.  he wants to keep my bermuda highway ass all for himself.  he can be a real selfish bitch sometimes.  but i better shut up.  he made me stay in the cage for a week after that crack about D$ having a cut member.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

Oz

do you mean "post a pic"?

if so jim said i cant.  he wants to keep my bermuda highway ass all for himself.  he can be a real selfish bitch sometimes.  but i better shut up.  he made me stay in the cage for a week after that crack about D$ having a cut member.

Hehe...  ;D
I did mean picture, yeah, but sometimes my thoughts are elsewhere while typing. But I'll leave you two lovebirds alone now...  ;)
I'm ready when you are