MMJ debuts at #121 on Billboard Charts

Started by thebigbang, Sep 17, 2003, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

Major label promotion and distribution certainly help these type things along. MMJ is the last band mentioned in this article. Can you believe he dismisses them as "southern sad sacks"? Whoever wrote this probaly never heard them before:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1478650/20030917/mayer_john.jhtml?headlines=true
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

peanut butter puddin surprise

[glb]Only 120 to go...[/glb]

Oh, and it's at #1 in sales for this week at Ear-Xtacy....sweet...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

Wow.  I am really happy to all involved in making It Still Moves happen.  Enjoy the climb toward the top of the charts.

Does anyone else hear elements from the dark side of the moon on this record?
shake some action

Oz

QuoteDoes anyone else hear elements from the dark side of the moon on this record?

Ehm, no, I'm sorry...  :-/
I'm ready when you are

rhombus-leech

"It Still Moves" is #2 on Billboards Top Heatseekers chart.

hipkink

I've been loving saying, "Who gives a damn?" lately. That's what I have to say about MTV's little article. The only people reading that anyway are prepubescents. Screw MTV. I haven't even flipped to that channel since 1993. Man - I'm raging today. Sorry for the negativity everyone. I love all of you though!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

vhsorbeta

hipkink

The link in the first post is to some mtv.com article where the author labels MMJ as "Southern sad-sacks."
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.