Main Menu

New Album

Started by philip newton, Jul 04, 2003, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philip newton

Just wondering if anyone had a copy of the It Still Moves album would they be allowed to share it or would they get into big trouble?

peanut butter puddin surprise

I would have to say "in big trouble".

Come on y'all, only a month or so to go...the LP will be out soon on Badman....little longer...it's worth the wait...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

philip newton

I know but if you could hear it early would you want to? Someone out there must have an idea what it is like... I saw them do most of the new stuff at Glastonbury and it got me excited about hearing the new album I guess I am just impatient

how bout some live versions of the tracks?  i have a bunch of em on my FTP server...drop me a line!
John

philip newton

I have emailed you, if you don't recieve it would it be possible to drop me a line at philnewts@hotmail.com I would realy like to hear the live stuff. Thanks

philip newton

I see that someone is selling an advance copy on ebay.

Also John I am having trouble logging onto FTP site I have emailed you. Thanks

Hey, I hope you're not havin' trouble getting in, but if you are, please email me again and I'll help the best I can.

philip newton

How do these things get to the public like this??

philip newton

How can they be allowed to sell it openly on ebay more to the point!!

Is anyone going to bid?

I think that that is far too much money anyway, and because it is not going to the band thats even worse.....

ben

hopefully the band is notified of this and the item is taken off...if ato records knew about this i'm sure they would lay the hammer down. please, no one bid on this item--it is certainly not worth spending that much money on when it will be available very very soon. i hope that someone has notified ato.

philip newton

If someone can notify ATO then do as it will only get out onto Kazza or Limewire etc which is just crap as lesser fans will not care..

RyanCorps

I told johnny about it today and he seemed not so mad just disappointed.

QuoteI told johnny about it today and he seemed not so mad just disappointed.

See, right there...that just plain sucks.  Come on y'all, can't we wait just a little bit longer?

Oz

Well, I have to admit, if I´d find it on a market or something, I´d probably buy it, but this is just way too fucking much money. Still, it´s kinda cool that our band is now so popular that people are stealing and selling the album before release, wich tells they´re really in the league, finally! Yes, that album will be a killer!  :)

Haven´t you noticed, by the way, how much the album cover looks like `Monster´ by R.E.M.? And Riny told me he had heard some songs already and said it was their heaviest rock-album to date. That can´t be a coincidence.. My Morning Jacket´s `Monster´ is coming!  ;)
I'm ready when you are

I officially lodge my protest to this activity.  Please, I'm begging you all, just please be patient.  This kind of crap is just plain wrong.

It is exciting to know that people are willing to bid up to $76 on a new MMJ record, but at the same time it seems bad and hurtful to the band, the last people on God's green earth we want to do any harm to.  If I've got any say around here (which I don't, but hey) I'd tell you all NOT to do this.  But I'm just asking nicely, politely-please don't do it.  :'(

Feel the love and download the live tracks from the FTP server  ;D which ARE groovy with the boys...

plank10

I hate that the album is out there on p2p's because lots of people will download it and never buy a copy. I'm stoked that i've gotten a copy online because i get to listen to it now. I'll still go out and buy one when it comes out. I have no problem with it as long as people buy the albums when they come out.

The album is fantastic by the way. It captures the feel of the live show as well as a studio album can.

plank10

oh yeah and screw the guy who is selling it on ebay. that's just wrong

philip newton

I have to agree with Plank on advance songs  but ONLY and I mean Only that you pay for the album when it comes out...

But to be totaly two sided ,This will not always apply to all bands and I am sure that many out there have downloaded the odd song they have heard and liked but have then have not gone out and bought it, but when it is for the bands we love this is not good as it COULD  put the bands future at stake, but then again if you love a band wouldn't this always be the case.

Example you hear an advance version of It Still Moves, on a download with no cover art etc, YOU WILL STILL BUY IT IF YOU ARE A FAN.

I am fairly new to MMJ but when I get hooked on a band I will always INVEST in their music but if I can enjoy other tunes (Johns FTP) I will.
Thanks and sorry for going on abut this.

igor

i'm with plank on this one, i really have no problems with fans getting ahold of this, b/c i'm sure they'll all be picking this album up when it comes out, because it's so damn good.  ;)

it sure does suck that it's out on p2p and ebay right now. for those who have it, remove it from your hard drive especially if you're using p2p.