Main Menu

Master plan

Started by lfish, Sep 30, 2003, 04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfish

Hey,

I first heard this song by clicking the rolling stone link and I was struck by its lyrics.  This text is so sensitive.  If you ask me, it's a very personal song for Jim, filled with a lot of sadness.  I've read in an article that he and his girl broke up.  Now, I kwow that's none of my business, but I related this event to this song.  And I must say it gets me right in the heart.  The faith in the jacket, the faith in making it someday and the promise he makes to his girl in this song is just   WAW.  I hope it turns out well for all.  But this is just my personal opinion, maybe you guys see another meaning or explanation for this song.
lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

I dunno, but the rockin' part at the end has my fists pumping as I listen to it...that part I am sure of!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

I think you definitely have a point there, Ifish. In fact, I think the two main themes on the record are the life of a touring band and a relationship ending... That's what gives the record this atmosphere of joy, next to sadness, with a blanket of hope spread over it... And yes, Masterplan is one of the highlights, both sad and rocking and great..
I'm ready when you are

lfish

Yeah I also noticed the feeling of constantly being on the road on this record.
lfish

my_evening_jacket

QuoteYeah I also noticed the feeling of constantly being on the road on this record.

yeah - Tommy said he doesn't even maintain an apartment anymore since he is never home

I wonder if any of the other guys have apartments back home?

It must be a bit weird not to have a place to call home?

of course where ever they lay their jacket is thier home
shake some action

danilove

of course where ever they lay their jacket is thier home

...I'd say that the trusty white tour van is the closest thing to a home-base that they've got...I wonder how long it might be before they git themselves a bus?  ::)
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

my_evening_jacket

p.s. the tour van's name is Toogans
I think that's what Linda said?
shake some action

hipkink

They deserve a bus. Hell, they deserve jumbo jet.
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.