Big Fat Greek Review

Started by admin, Oct 02, 2003, 08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

http://www.avopolis.gr/reviews/default.asp?ID=1745

uhhh, anyone?
guess a review that ends with 'rock and roll...' must be good! ;)

my_evening_jacket

Using WordLingo to translate ???, not perfect but you get the idea

Imagine the Neil Young it leads the Creedence Clearwater Revival, with members of Allman Brothers and the Wayne Coyne of Flaming Lips it lents little from his magic filter...

E, we cannot also you play this music mpa'ntas from the Kentucky that with third the album, and first in multinational, enjoys the hype total of musical Press. If you ask the humble opinion writing (ma, for this you are not here) you it will say that this time exists fire behind the tobacco, kacw's in the "It Still Moves" unfolds the most beautiful country-rock panigy'rj that has heard the last years - at least in his bigger part.

With pjnelje's from country and southern rock and a lot of, a lot of slide guitar (a'nte and some acoustics in order to break monotonj'a), a little from Pet Sounds atmosphere and a Jim James (the singer mpa'ntas, nte!) it has been drowned by wine, tobacco and reverb, "It Still Moves" is a clearly American dish, where varje'saj you hear again and again. Sure, all these we have xanakoy'sej with other ways (we did not discover bodily the music of 70s), but this work the pjtsjrjka'dwn, that good good has not reached 25, it allocates something from the authentic talent of bigger disks of that season.

In order to him you realise, you have than to you hear epic literally, and fortunately no fanfarw'des, "Run Thru", that allocates sto'fa the Zeppelin or even the kalotopocetime'ni influence of Memphis soul in the "Dancefloors". And not only there, horn section come out from the good seasons of Stax it stars and elsewhere. The ennja'lepto "I Will Sing You Songs", from the other, would make the Wayne Coyne of "The Soft Bulletin" ska'sej one from usual, kalokrymme'na grins behind his his rich generation.

Be not tangled however by the different influences. As we said, the My Morning Jacket they write primarily melancholic country-rock elegej'es, with marvellous phonetic harmonies (under tons reverb), that unfold gently and patiently, and previously burst out, as they made big classic rock. Their verses, are also interesting. No, they do not write pieces for the milking of cow, they write with sentiment for anything them it occupies, obviously however xorkj'zontas the pedestrian everyday routine and having it admits their love for the night and alkoo'l: "People always told me/That bars are dark and lonely/And talk is often cheap and filled with air/but nothing can ever chill me/like the way they make the time just disappear".

We imagine that their live appearances will be the joy rock and roll...

shake some action

Tooth

QuoteNo, they do not write pieces for the milking of cow...

HILARITY!