It Still Matters

Started by admin, Oct 07, 2003, 07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

That's an awesome review, thanks for the link.  It really nails it without any bullshit.

You da man!  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

QuoteSome who will remain nameless have criticized James's lyrical bent as elliptically cryptic, or more succinctly as: a bunch of bullshit with poetic pretensions. But those unnamed NPR critics are basically accusing the band of not being some other band
ha, Ha! Yes.
QuoteJames is not a storyteller as much as he seems to be a lyricist who soaks in moments and then jots down impressions that are given the force of depth through the instrumentation. It's impossible for me to hear the lyrics as separable from the melody
Right on!
Great review!

my_evening_jacket

now there is a word for what i feel after a jacket show
post climactic stress syndrome
shake some action

does that explain the neck pain and short term hearing loss?  ;D

my_evening_jacket

hearing loss - yes
hair loss - blame that on REM  :)
shake some action

I think O might have something to say about that.... 8)

I think we did this a while back on the old board, MMJ vs. Black Sabbath and whatnot, but what the hell??

Ah, the internet... :)

my_evening_jacket

Yeah - this is the place where I learned about googlefight - kept me occupied for a few days  :)

shake some action

Oz

Jim James vs. Michael Stipe, ai, that'd be a tricky one... I'm a little afraid to tell wich one I would choose, so I'd better shut up now.   ;D

P.S. It's such a coincidence that I read this topic now, 'cuz last night I actually dreamed of Michael Stipe... It's almost scary.  :-/
I'm ready when you are