GOOGLE, Neil Young and MMJ

Started by thebigbang, Oct 31, 2003, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

We've all heard, as has the band, the constant references to Neil Young whenever someone writes about the Jacket.

I conducted a bit of Google research and found that if you search on the phrase "my morning jacket" you get 43,500 results and if you search sites that exclude "neil young" you get 41,100 results.  This suggests that Google has indexed 2,400 web pages that mention both MMJ and Neil Young.

As a control group kind of experiment, I also searched MMJ minus "britney spears" and Google returned 43,900 results. I think this mathematical anomaly can best be explained thusly:  Google must have awarded a bonus 400 results to MMJ for not appearing in webpages with the words "britney spears" in them. You gotta love Google.

Happy listening everyone,
Eric

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Oz

Ehm... I doubt this number-playing is scientifically correct, but what the heck!  ;D

It is however still rather disturbing how often Neil Young is mentioned when it comes to MMJ, but we've discussed that a lot here already. I guess it'll fade when their fourth album arrives.  ;)
I'm ready when you are

SumKindaMonsta

one of the reasons why i was so instantly captured by MMJs music was because one of my favorite songs is "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young. im not a fan of Neil Young, just that one song and ive been looking for a band that had the ability of capturing that kinda vibe on an entire cd and i was blessed with MMJ.
i have a bunny in my pants.