O is the one that is real

Started by dwight, Nov 10, 2003, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwight

A theory of mine ... would anyone care to comment??

My theory is that this song was written with the drug OxyCotin (not sure of the spelling) in mind.  I dunno.. there was lots of press on Oxy around Kentucky when that song came out and the lyrics kinda make me think that's what Jim's talking about.  Although, as with most of MMJ's songs (and most good lyrics) they can pretty ambiguous.

Any feed back mi amigos?

Oz

It could definitely be about some sort of drug. I always thought it was about devoting your life to someone or something that looks real good, but turns out really ugly when you've fallen for it. I always thought it was about the media, tv, internet, that sort of stuff, that causes you to get detached from the world, but it could be a drug as well. That specific sort of drug is unknown to me. What is it? How does it work?
I'm ready when you are

dwight

I dig that. Jim's got some of those themes going in a lot of his music - dealing w/ life in a media driven/pop culture/superficial world. Much better than Fred Bisquit rippin off the Who's lyrics!

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI dig that. Jim's got some of those themes going in a lot of his music - dealing w/ life in a media driven/pop culture/superficial world. Much better than Fred Bisquit rippin off the Who's lyrics!

You will get no argument there! :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

Speaking of Fred Bisquit has anyone ever heard Bobby Bare Jr.'s Dig Down?

Lyrics go something like this:

Chuck Berry sing to us one more time
before Fred Bisquit freezes everybodys mind.

Thanks to Bobby Bare Jr and MMJ for saving us all from brain freeze.
shake some action