First MMJ Show

Started by johnconaway, Nov 01, 2003, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Check this out.

Just rec'vd a package from Dick Irby of Fox41 News.  We exchanged nice emails about the very first MMJ show I attended back in 1999 at the Bunbury Theatre (see the flier in the Gallery Section) and I had asked him if a video existed of that show as it was being taped for a local music special.

He told me that no video was around, but would I want an audio tape of the show?!?  ;D  Of course, I said hell yes!

Sooooo....the mailman just handed me the package with the tape!   ;D ;D ;D  Not bad, I never imagined I'd have my very own copy of that show!

And, of course, I will get it encoded into MP3's and put it on the FTP server!  Life is grand...what a trip!

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

That is so cool John!!

I look forward to hearing this show.
shake some action

Oz

Is that the actual very first MMJ show ever, or the first MMJ show you saw, John?
I'm ready when you are

Wow, I wish it was the first one ever...but alas, it is the first one I saw...which is still pretty awesome.

statsman

according to the shows list on this website, it was the 11th MMJ show (out of 12 that year).

Hey y'all,
I listened to this tape extensively over the weekend, and I just dropped Jim an email in regards to this show.

I feel that I should have permission to put this up first.  The show itself is great, don't get me wrong-but compared to more recent shows, it sounds like a time capsule, the ghost of MMJ past, if you will.  

I felt it was necessary to get Jim's input on this before I act.  Soooooooo....stay tuned for details.

John

P.S.  #11, eh?

eric18966

If you get the green light, would you mind putting the show up in SHN too? Some of us just can't dig the MP3 scene.

Thanks

dwight

John-
can you post the web address for the shows or ...just email it to me.
thanks mi amigo!