Main Menu

covers

Started by khanja, Sep 16, 2003, 01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktwain

I don't know if any of the boys were fans of Elliott Smith, but I was. and it would be beautiful to hear Jim do one of his tunes acoustic - Waltz #2 (XO), Independence Day, or Needle in the Hay would get my vote.
Rest in Peace, Elliott.

lowerthantheangels

Saw Jim at Waterloo Records in Texas this past weekend and he ended the set with a statement saying how they don't do too many covers anymore because people like the covers better than their stuff. He went on to say he just did a tribute album for a native Texan, which he didn't mention, and then played a beautiful tune I had never heard. Anyone know anything about it?

my_evening_jacket

Townes Van Zandt - Be Here To Love Me
shake some action

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI don't know if any of the boys were fans of Elliott Smith, but I was. and it would be beautiful to hear Jim do one of his tunes acoustic - Waltz #2 (XO), Independence Day, or Needle in the Hay would get my vote.
Rest in Peace, Elliott.

Or, Someone I used to Know...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

mollyringwald

Word on the Elliott Smith covers .... I keep hearing Jim James singing "Wouldn't Mama Be Proud" by ES off Figure 8 ....

I have heard that MMJ do a great live version of Berlin's "Take My Breath Away."

I would love to see them do any Bad Company song -
"Bad Company," "Running With the Band," but most of all, "Ready for Love."  

my_evening_jacket

I have been listening to Big Star and keep hearing Jim sing Thirteen.

Of course I keep hearing Kiss singing Don't Lie to Me - so take what I say with a grain of salt
shake some action