Main Menu

FTP issues

Started by johnconaway, Nov 16, 2003, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hey y'all
Please don't try to login more than twice per session, I have the bandwidth throttled to two logins per session.

This means you can't open 20 windows and download one song per window.  If you want multiple tunes, why not do the entire folder at once?  

This is an issue as the log has been recently filled with folks just trying to login over and over and over again, when they already have at least two successful logins going.  I don't have an OC-148 here at home (140 T-1's bonded together), so please try and understand.

Thanks.  Also, passive mode DOES NOT WORK.  Turn it off.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

also, you cannot login with an anonymous login...you MUST login with the username/password.

hey y'all,
the server was down all last nite due to some trojans I detected in a virus sweep....bad stuff!  

it appears that all is well, so please continue your downloading!

john

otter

John can you send me the info again. I haven't logged onto it in a while, and the last time I tried I couldn't get in. Thanks, Bri

Cool, will do!
John

Hey you all,
I have found a way to turn ON passive mode on my FTP program.  Port range is 20-21, just like normal FTP.

This should alleviate any issues with folks logging in without a client (through IE directly).  I apologize for any trouble you may have had, please try again and enjoy the tunes!

John  8)

P.S.  If you ARE using a client, make sure you turn ON passive mode, if you encounter any issues connecting.

Thanks!

As I stated in the London gig thread, the server is down right now due to the power being out since yesterday...sorry folks.  the power company should have it fixed today before I get home from work, so I'll post here when everything is all up to speed!

Power is on!

Not to mention the fact that the lights are on, y'all can start yer downloadin'!!

Whoo-hoo! ;D

hey there,
just discovered a quick fix for anyone having issues with connecting with IE...right click, and hit refresh...this brings up the folders when the initial connect does not.

Try that, and let me know!
John ;)

singher26

hey im new on the board, and so far i've been reading that your ftp site has some live tracks on it. if i could get onto your server thingy i would appreciate it immensely

Hey there,
Drop me an email, and I'll hook ya up!  :)

Sizzle

I was just curious if you had some live video performances on there.

Unfortunately, not yet.  The budget has been a bit tight, so I have not had the Conan performance converted yet.  

Sorry.  It is forthcoming... :-[

Sizzle

That's too bad.  The Conan performance was good, but I was pretty much looking for anything live.  I'll have to give that video part on here a try again.

Check back here as that and others should be coming ASAP.  

Hey there, that gives me an idea... :)