Live album is in the works!

Started by eric18966, Oct 25, 2003, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric18966

Last night in Philly, I was talking with a member of the road crew and they confirmed that the band had a couple of the shows multi-tracked recorded for a release, in the very near furture. He didn't have details, as to which songs would be chosen or if it will be a single or double CD. He did say that the shows, which were recorded, were really hot.

peanut butter puddin surprise

No kidding!  ;D That would be just swell!

What's the title-Jacket Comes Alive?
 ;)

Or, It Moves Alive??
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

eric18966

One 0ther thing was mentioned.  I think the band would like to see more people taping shows.  It's the best way for more people to be exposed. Besides, as most of us know, there isn't anything like a MMJ show!  Let's start getting the taping going!

"On The Road with MMJ"

Zmog1974

Names for this album..mmmmmm...Alive !...coz they certainly bloody do MAKE ME FEEL THIS WAY...everytime I see them .. just gets better and better..im like a junkie needing a fix.Avoid Drugs Buy MMJ....roll on Amsterdam,London & Manchaester.

Oz

Yeah, MMJ Live... Could be great! As long as they include an acoustic version of I will be there when you die, ofcourse...
I'm ready when you are

cerealkiller

QuoteNo kidding!  ;D That would be just swell!

What's the title-Jacket Comes Alive?
;)

Or, It Moves Alive??

Full Metal Jacket? ???

No Jacket Required?  ;D

No Tie, No Jacket, No Service?  ::)

[img][url="http://www.lucerofamily.net/images/disc/cover_selftitled.jpg"]http://www.lucerofamily.net/images/disc/cover_selftitled.jpg[/url][/img]

AustinMMJfan

that's awesome...maybe a live DVD is next!

lowerthantheangels

I don't even know how to tape a show. What all does one need to do so?

Flo

I have a few minidisk recordings from over the years I can prolly find, can';tomise the quality though.
52ND STREAM MEDIA, UNLTD.
WWW.52MEDIA.COM
POB 7005 LOUISVILLE KY 40257
SEND PRESS KITS GET ON OUR BROADCASTS

Lieven

Yep Eric's right,

Last year (when they played at Nijdrop, Belgium) I asked Johny and Patrick if they had plans to bring out a live-album. They replied that they would bring out a full album first and after that there would be a live album! I was very pleased to hear that... The full album we all have now (if not, stop reading and go buy it!!), curious about the live album.

Meanwhile, just burn your own favourite live album with tracks of John's superb ftp-site!  ;)

Greetings to all of you out there (it's been a while...)
See you soon in ABbox (4november).
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

Oz

I wonder what kind of material there'll be on the live album. Will it be one show, or a compilation of stuff? If it's the latter, I wish they'd put some of the Jim James solo shows on it...

By the way, it's not hard to tell why they'd release a live album, 'cuz some of the old songs have been rearranged so much in the live versions, it'd be nice to have those versions on disc as well. Anyway, can't wait...
I'm ready when you are

yax

I know they recorded the 2 Austin shows and someone told me that night that they were going to use them for a live cd. I don't know if they recorded other shows to mix in, but it should be good.

Oz

Well, since my girlfriend couldn't make it to the Tilburg, I guess I'll just give her that live album for, uhm, Christmas?  ;)
I'm ready when you are

SumKindaMonsta

id love to own a live record, i had to make a ghetto live cd from the streams and record them to sound forge.
i have a bunny in my pants.

wordawg

I am desperate for a live album.  The studio stuff is excellent, but.......(you know the rest)
the future is Ginger