FTP for live stuff....

Started by johnconaway, Apr 18, 2003, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hey y'all
I have about 6 complete shows and some odds and ends of live records of MMJ available for you to download.

It's really easy if you don't know anything about FTP, and the quality is pretty good on all the tracks.

Feel free to drop me a line at:
12horse@michaelsheas.com
and I'll send ya the instructions.

Enjoy! :D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Hey y'all-
Just met a fine young man named Blue who happened to have a few shows I didn't have...some are on tape so I'm busy converting them to CD for conversion to MP3's and .wav's.

Give me a few days, I'll post here when they are up.  Also, if you have already emailed me, I'll send a broadcast message to let you know that new tracks are on...if you haven't, drop me a line and i'll email you the login and instructions.

Thanks!  Spread the word...

Update:  Just added the Louisville Planetarium show (parts one and two) and an unnamed European show (Riny, little help here)...both are good, both are free, come and get it!

My friend is converting the tapes for me.  Soon, three MORE shows will be added, bringing the grand total to 12+ various odds and ends.

Wear it.  Feel it.  Own the Jacket.
 :o

CC

QuoteUpdate:  an unnamed European show

just listened to a song and memories came rushin back... it's the Cactus Festival - Brugge, Belgium - July 8, 2000

is the unfortunate O.J. catcher still around?

Hey there-
I've had a few folks report trouble today, so the FTP site is officially down until further notice.  Sorry.

I'll be home from work around 5 today, so anytime after that, god willing, it should be back up.  I'm guessing it's my DSL connection - it's raining, so sometimes there's problems during rain, unfortunately.

Sorry for the trouble...I'll post here when it's back up!

Okey dokey..back up.  Sorry for the problem...good reboot doesn't hurt eh???

jbreedy

This FTP site is incredible - I happened to catch the boys at the Cotton Club last week and they rocked oot as usual, but this time w/ acoustics and a lapsteel which was very cool.

My question: Any setlist available for the Cactus show? Is "Sooner" on there?  Someone has gotta put a live version of this song up. Thanks for the help!

CC

Quoteauthor=jbreedy
My question: Any setlist available for the Cactus show? Is "Sooner" on there?  Someone has gotta put a live version of this song up. Thanks for the help!

hey breedy,
see this page for all cactus details:
http://www.magnix.demon.nl/mmj/setlists/000708.htm

cheers

well, thanks all around.  thanks to riny for posting the link and thanks to jbreedy for the feedback.

two days till jillian's show...life is good.

hey y'all,
the server was down today for a while, when I came home it was crashed!  

Sorry for the inconvienence...if you were trying to connect today and could not, please try again.

enjoy!!
 :D

Thanks to downdownyoubringmedown for adding Live at KVRX from way back in 2000....awesome!

Also, big thanks to Blue for the tapes, the CD's are forthcoming to me.

I may just have to get a new hard drive just for the FTP server as I have so many tracks!  Kudos!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!  You rawk!

:P Status:  the server was down for a few hours yesterday as my DSL connection went out during a huge thunderstorm (kinda normal)...not to mention the roof started leaking again and I had to cut the power!

I was getting ready to go to the etown show...it was raining, then hailing, then....a sound comes from the living room, a terrible sound...the sound of water running from the ceiling!  quick, man the lifeboats!  an hour later, with every empty container I own displayed on the floor in some really sad attempt to catch the dripping water, I crawl up into the ceiling to investigate...

Various poking objects stick into my hands...a cubic ton of insulation in my mouth....I struggle with two buckets, a garbage bag, and a staple gun...home ownership is SO MUCH fun!

Needless to say, after all that it stopped raining (OF COURSE!!) so off to the etown show...see my posts on a report.

Oh right-the server is back up baby!  :D

Right on to Dave K for uploading a new show...the set list is not complete yet, so if you see a new folder beware...most tracks are unmarked, but GREAT quality.

Hey Dave, is this from Toronto?  Why do I think it is?

Also, the tapes from Blue will be back on Thurs, so I'll have em up there ASAP.

Enjoy!

marktwain

I downloaded the Toronto show yesterday, and it sounds great, except Evelyn cuts off right in the middle of the guitar solo.  Does she do that to everyone, or just me?

Maybe I should try downloading that song again.

otter

I have a killer copy of the Detroit show, albeit an abbreviated set..I can send it to John and have him put it on the FTP site. It's not a long set, but the quality is relly good.

coolio!  that sounds great.

Hey Otter-
Once you've uploaded that show, let me know so I can put the word out.

Hey everyone else-
I should be getting two more shows today.  I'll post later when I've got em in my greedy little hands.

Muhwahahahaa!  :D

Alert:  the server is down, has been for a while today.  thanks to kevin for alerting me.

I will check it in about 2 hours when I go home.

Sorry for the trouble.