FTP for live stuff....

Started by johnconaway, Apr 18, 2003, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turdfergeson

turdfergeson

i just DL'ed the 5/15/03 show and was wondering if you wanted me to upload it to the server.  its in SHN format.  thanks.

My Morning Jacket
May 15,2003
The Metro - Chicago, IL

Taped By: Jamie Syrek and Eric Creighton
Source: Schoeps Mk4v > KC5 > CMC6 > Lunatec V2 > Apogee AD1000 (48khz) > Sony D7
Notes: 20' from stage, 7' stand, DFC
Conversion: Conner CTD-8000E-S > DAT2WAV > Cool Edit 2000 (downsample) > SHN

Disc 1:

01. Dance Floors
02. Lowdown
03. The Dark
04. One Big Holiday
05. I Will Sing You Songs
06. The Bear
07. Eveyln Is Not Real
08. There's Just One Thing
09. Heartbreakin Man
10. The Way That He Sings
11. Mah Geetah
12. Steam Engine

Disc 2:

Encore:
01. At Dawn *
02. Bermuda Highway *
03. Sooner *
04. Everybody's Talkin' * (Fred Neil cover)
05. O Is the One That Is Real
06. Phone Went West

*Jim James solo

peanut butter puddin surprise

hey, that's cool.  I have an encoder/decoder so .shn is fine.

I will leave it in that format and convert to MP3's as well...thanks for the show!!!

John
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

News flash:  the server was down for an extended period yesterday....sorry!  trying to upgrade the video card with not a whole lotta luck, so it may go down again later today.

Check here for status....

hey-
the server was down last night, sorry.  it's all good now!

feel free to download away again!  :)

Report:

Bandwidth upgrade!  My DSL line is now upgraded to a different oversubscription rate...meaning, instead of 100 people on my node, there's only 10-which means the pipe is a lot less clogged with traffic.  Downloading from the server should see an increase in speed/throughput.

I just got tired of watching you poor saps downloading and the traffic was causing disruptions.  This eases that problem a bit, especially for those on dialup connections.

You guys on cable or DSL won't notice too much of a difference, I'm sorry to report.

[glb]Enjoy the tunes!![/glb]

:)

wordawg

New here.  Trying to understand what this FTP stuff is and means.  If it helps get some of the live stuff, I'd appreciate the help! Been into the band for a couple of months.  Finally going to get to see them at Leeds festival.
Best wishes...
the future is Ginger

hey friend,
drop me a line at
jlconaway@bluegrass.net

and I'll fix you right up!
John

Hey there
I'm going to be out of the loop for a few days (goin' to Pittsburgh!) so if things go down, they will be down until I get back on Monday.  Please be patient, I will get to it!

John

Hey y'all

I'm back....the shit was down for a bit, but it's all good now!

Enjoy the tunes!

Oz

Ehm, John, I've been kinda fucking up your server. I added some songs of my own, but the first time I uploaded wma-files. I thought mp3's would be easier, but I couldn't remove the wma's, so now they're double. Then I wanted to put them in a directory named "Music by O" and I created the directory, but I couldn't get the files in there. So could you please remove the wma's and put the mp3's in that directory? Thanks!  :)
I'm ready when you are

;)
All fixed up!  "Fucking up the server" is impossible, BTW...

Hey, everybody-O has some tracks on the FTP server.

Steve

Hey John any new shows loading up on the server anytime soon? Would love to see the Bonnaroo show up there or the May NYC gig from the Bowery Ballroom if anyone has them...

Steve

Thanks to Igor for two new shows!  

12-15-00 Brussels

10-15-00 Denton, KVRX live show

Have at em!  ;)

:(

The server has been down since early Saturday...I'm typing this from my laptop, trying to find a solution to the Direct X 9 upgrade that caused this mess!

I'll keep you posted...

The computer gods have smiled on me once again...I'm typing this from the server, all is well!

igor

hey john, i'm still working on getting the rest of the bonnaroo shn files up there, i had some problems last week, and was away all weekend, that should be up there soon. i'll keep you posted.

Thank you very much!  Thankfully, you've got a server to connect to.

I was reading up on the problem I was having...holy shite!  The new DirectX 9 upgrade rewrites the win.ini file as wininit.ini (usually for NT based systems) and the 16 bit OS I use can't handle it, so it's stuck in this endless loop of trying to read a file meant for an NTFS...thank goodness for bootable CD's that take you to a command prompt-file deleted, problem solved!

Thanks again for the tunes.  Do you have a good link to some shn information?  I need to read up some more on this...

Howdy-
As I'm in Kentucky, my power wasn't off last night, but the server was down all night due a firewall problem.

However, it's all good now and you can proceed with the downloadin'.

Enjoy the tunes!  ;D