press in sacramento, ca

Started by hipkink, Dec 18, 2003, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hipkink

http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sacto/2003-12-18/arts.asp

This turned up in the Sacramento News and Review today. A lot of it is same ol' same ol', and the writer refers to them as a jam band - but if you get past that, it's a loving write-up. I'm just glad to see them get some press in my hood!

You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

JoeRecordBuyer

I love it when this happens to me... makes me remember why i love music so much in the first place... ;D

quote from the article:

"What My Morning Jacket proved, to me, is that it's still possible for a new band to get inside my head to the extent that I'm compelled to run out and acquire its entire catalog."

- probably true for all of us here. ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteIt's simple: There are a lot of people who are slightly older than the music business' target demographic of teens and early 20-somethings. These now-alienated music fans used to buy a lot of records. Somewhere along the line, however, they stopped hearing anything that captured their hearts. And, given the format-driven wasteland of commercial radio, their only chance of running into anything new and exciting comes via word of mouth, or from the occasional car commercial.

Take that, Nickleback.  

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there