'At Dawn' Limited Edition

Started by Coltrane1955, Dec 17, 2003, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltrane1955

i desperately need a hard copy of the 'At Dawn' limited edition with bonus disc  (wow, that sounded a little like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story")!!! my very soul depends on owning a copy!!!!  i've checked all the normal channels, including ebay....i will do just about anything....just about...

any ideas.....????

Jack Erter

HEY EVERYBODY,

Is it terribly illegal/immoral/asking-for-trouble to suggest that maybe somebody with the limited disc burn a copy of the DEMOS DISC ONLY (not the still available album itself, of course) that can then be passed along among fans who didn't get it the first time around?  I just lost out on an ebay bid for the limited edition disc after having bid $50 ... what are people's thoughts on this?

Word,

Jack

peanut butter puddin surprise

I feel your pain, but I don't think the guys would be down with that.  Perhaps a reissue is in order?

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Coltrane1955

absolutely.....i don't want any burned copy....i want the real deal.....it NEEDS to be reissued......!!!!!!!!!

i heard much of it and must have it....the real thing!!

Daniel

Hey Guys, I spoke with James, owner of Darla Records, about reissuing the At Dawn Demos CD and he said he is planning on reissuing that along with a host of other rarities he has by them. He said he has the rights to some 60 or so rarities (live and non-album tracks). I.E., all those exclusive tracks they did for the Little Darla has a Treat compilations, Heartbreakin' Man EP, 7" b-sides, etc...

He said it should happen sometime next year but he wanted the It Still Moves CD to have time to find a wider audience and of course not to piss off ATO with a "new" MMJ CD in the bins to confuse the average consumer.

Ciao, Daniel

ps - Thanks John C. for all the FTP tracks you posted. If it wasn't for you, I'm pretty confident I would not be as big of a fan as I am.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quoteps - Thanks John C. for all the FTP tracks you posted. If it wasn't for you, I'm pretty confident I would not be as big of a fan as I am.

Awwwww, shucks...yer makin' me blush!  ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

That sounds like good news, that reissue-plan. Maybe finally I'll get my hands on those gaps in my collection...  :)
I'm ready when you are

Mills

Hey Guys, Just got the Darla release schedule for the first quarter of next year and they have the At Dawn + Demos (new catalog# DRL145) slated for release on April 6th. They've even assigned it a new UPC so it looks very promising it will actually happen. No word on whether or not it will be a straight re-issue or if it will contain additional demos....

Ciao, Daniel

Oz

I surely hope they're not just reissueing... I want those Darla compilation songs!

Oh, and I want a reisssue of stuff by Months of Sundays. I just have two MP3's and man, they're so fucking good!
I'm ready when you are