FTP - Heads Up

Started by johnconaway, Dec 27, 2003, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Sorry guys, found my computer totally down when I came home from my Xmas Journey...it looks like it was down for a while.

BUT-it's back up and you can go back to downloading!
Sorry for the trouble,
John
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Hey y'all,
I've got the FTP server running on a new machine (new to me, that is) that was happily donated to me from a friend.  It has only been up for two days, but I was wondering if I could get any feedback on if it's better, faster, etc?

Lemme know.
John

chippymintin

thanks for the use off ur ftp
i dont know if its faster as on your old machine i could not gain acces even on active but on this new one im getting 30 kbps in scotland,so i manage to get the xmas stuff fairly quick.
do you have any live shows?

but of course!  there's like 30 shows on there now...

wow, 23 kbps in scotland, not bad!

edward

All the folders seem to have disappeared and there are just some unsorted mp3s there now.

hit refresh if you're using your browser to connect...

and I just discovered a permissions problem, and just corrected it!  sorry for the trouble, try again...

One more thing:

The "new" server has about 7 gigs free on the drive that's committed just for live MMJ, so...

If anyone out there has something that I don't have, drop me a line and let me know.  Somehow, 30 odd shows aren't enough, eh?  ;)

Weather report:  Just got to work, and it appears the server is down right now.  Unfortunately, that means it probably will be until at least 5 p.m. today Eastern Standard Time.... :( :(

Sorry guys!  I'll post here when it's all good again... :'(

wordawg

JC

Still desperate to get connected to FTP.  Mailed you a month or two ago-no response, which is unusual for a gentleman like your good self.
The North of England would love to compete with Scotland!, so can you get in touch.
Many thanks

Ian
the future is Ginger

QuoteJC

Still desperate to get connected to FTP.  Mailed you a month or two ago-no response, which is unusual for a gentleman like your good self.
The North of England would love to compete with Scotland!, so can you get in touch.
Many thanks

Ian

Ian, I am terribly sorry that you didn't get an email from me...all apologies.  I'm sending one now to the email addy you have listed in your profile.

When you get it, please reply so that I know you've got the details...thanks for your nice words and patience.

Peace.

Oh, and by the by, the server is back up.  8)