MMJ billboard in Louisville

Started by ScottDuthie, Sep 20, 2003, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott D

So, I was walking out of ear-x-tacy earlier today, and guess what I saw on Bardstown Rd...

For some reason, I'm having problems getting the image to display in this post.  So, if you can't see the image above, it can be found by going to: http://www.geocities.com/scottajjd/MMJBillboard.JPG (You may need to copy and paste the URL into your browser, rather than clicking on the link.)

(For those of you not from Louisville, ear-x-tacy is a great independent music store in My Morning Jacket's hometown, Louisville, KY.)

Looking forward to the upcoming Louisville shows,
Scott

Flo

SCOTT, IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME, i'D LOVE TO SEE THE PIC, AND WILL PUT IT ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS IF NEED BE. pLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME, THANKS.

Damn too tired to rewrite, sorry about the caps...flo

52ND STREAM MEDIA, UNLTD.
WWW.52MEDIA.COM
POB 7005 LOUISVILLE KY 40257
SEND PRESS KITS GET ON OUR BROADCASTS

peanut butter puddin surprise

Oh yeah, definitely needed to change my pants after driving by Ear-Xtacy and seeing that!  Whoooo hooo!  They don't put those boards up for just anyone, mind you...you gotta be heroes to get one, esp. on Bardstown Road!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!  ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

I wonder how much I need to raise to get a MMJ billboard in my town?
shake some action

hipkink

I'm gonna construct my own in my front yard!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

Flo

ScottyD, I recv'd the pic thanks, just tried to upload it to the server but couldn't get ftp to work, I just upgraded my satellite internet connection so I think that's the culprit, will try again tomorrow....flo
WWW.52MEDIA.COM

Flo

I just typed in the file name in smallcase and it worked, daon't feel bad that's happed to the best of us, and yes I'm speaking from experience:)!

try http://www.geocities.com/scottajjd/mmjbillboard.jpg
WWW.52MEDIA.COM

Scott D

Flo,

The picture is actually posted on my site twice (once as "MMJBillboard.JPG" and once as "mmjbillboard.jpg"), because I originally thought that the problem was upper-case vs. lower-case.  I think (but I'm not really sure) the problem is that geocities does not "like" external links directly to images posted on their site, because it bypasses the ads that normally pop up on geocities pages.  (i.e., the link I posted was not to a ******.html web page, rather it was to a ****.jpg image file.)  Do we have any geocities experts out there who can offer some pointers?

Rather than clicking on the link, copy and paste the URL into your web browser, and I think that should work.

If anyone still can't get the image to load, send me an email, and I'd be happy to email you the picture...

Thanks,
Scott

PS - Flo, I tried to load your web page (www.52media.com), but I couldn't get it to load.  As a fellow Louisville resident, I'm curious as to what 52media does...

plank10

You're right. Geocities blocks direct access to files to keep people from using them as an image server. Just make a simple web page that does nothing but display the pic and it will be fine.

Flo

John, yeah geocities is a bitch. I haven't had time to check the server, but our dns is so messed up, that's why you can't access the site sometimes.

52media had a hayday back in 97-01, we had 15 shoutcast streams running 24-7 for Indie artists and had between 1000-6000 people listening at any given time, if you go to www.deliciond.net that's our only stream we're still doing, he's a techno artist from finland who helps us code and stuff. very awesome/brilliant musician.

In '99 we convinced microsoft and mp3.com to pay for the 1999 harvest showcase webcast video which mmj played a 40-minute set and was available via windows media. We had about 10000 viewers from across the world watch louisville bands like mmj, cooler, paul k and the prayers, and 34 other bands from around the country.

Those were the days, since all the bandwidth players and online advertising went away mid-2000 we've kinda been on hiatus and working with satellite broadband technology and are set to release a cool minidish broadband service which I hope by the end of the year we'll have Indie music back 'on the air'.

Jim's always been very cool about our promotions/support, and has given us a lot back, especially his friendship.

I haven't talked with him since Feb, so I look forward to this weekend's shows, ya going?
WWW.52MEDIA.COM

Scott D

Flo,

Yep, I'm going to both Louisville shows this weekend.  Any Louisvillians up for a pre or post MMJ show get-together?  It could be fun to meet some new people and have a beer or something to eat before one of the shows...

Is the MMJ Harvest video archived anywhere?  Was the show recorded to digital video tape (DV or some other format)?  I've never seen that performance, but I'd certainly be interested.

-Scott

Flo

I just bought my tickets from ticketweb.com $29.50 for 2, got worried it may sell out like last feb.

I think a pre/post get2getha would be cool but we're only 48-hours from launching that minidish project so I'm not sure I'd be able to make the pre, I almost wish they were playing a weekeday, I could probably get 30 coworkers, etc. to go.

I had this grand idea of going on tour with mmj and filming each show and some behind the scenes stuff, while promoting skyway and broadband/wifi solutions. I dunno, but I've been calling isps for 2 years and the most I've ever sold was when I went on the road and done face2face meetings. I'm thinking mixing bidness and pleasure would be fan as hell!

The Harvest Webcast was shot on SuperVHS.

We had the entire 37-hours online for a few years but since broadband has upp'd the anny, we stopped due to the cost.

btw did anyone see the video from Holland? I spoke with Jim awhile ago and he hated it and referred me to a story on mtv, so I don't think he wants the old band's footage to get out, which I have to honor...flo

-Scott
WWW.52MEDIA.COM

Oz

I still  can't see the picture, people...
I'm ready when you are