Come Closer (MMJ/Songs: Ohia Split)

Started by habbyflabbyblabby, Sep 22, 2005, 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

habbyflabbyblabby

Hey, nothing too profound from me here, but I was wondering if anyone else interpreted this lyric from "Come Closer" ["toes 'cross the floor," hear it play] as a reference to Blind Melon, who have a song called "Toes Across the Floor."

dragonboy

Hadn't noticed that but we know that Jim is a Blind Melon fan (he dedicated I Still Miss Someone to Shannon once) so could be?
Interesting...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

peanut butter puddin surprise

this is one yummy tune, believe me.  not sure who it's dedicated to, but i love it to pieces...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

mwm140230

Hey, I know this is over a decade later, but in the line before he sings "so today I won't call anyone for a change," which is a reference to another Blind Melon song entitled "Change." Both of these bands are one of my favorites, I have the tattoos to show it.
Sober n Serene

Lonndown27

Come Closer will always be in my top 5 Jacket songs...totally encapsulates the child-like wonder and mystery of adulthood in one package...i don't understand how it can be this good...i LONG to hear the 2012 Columbus version, that some were fortunate enough to hear, they said it was a bit heavier  :cheesy:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018