Newbie Jacket Love

Started by Motz, Oct 20, 2005, 02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motz

Hidey Ho Kids
      Stumbled across this band a few months ago, and i can Honestly say i've been severly Zapped!
I've seen a Lot of concerts over the years and own a Ton of cd's, but as soon as I heard One Big Holiday I said who the Hell is that?  the voice and Music seemed Seamless and loved the Riff! Been on board since....
Couple Questions though...

What Album should i buy first?
Some of your Fav Songs?
What Live shows should i download n Where?
or anthing else i should know about the band!?

I'm looking forward to adding a lot of MMJ's music to my ever growing Collection. Enjoy often Friends!   Tommy
http://db.etree.org/MotzSpot
Let your Soulshine

Clarkwork

I would personally start with "it still moves" album.  If you were blown away by one big holliday, you will love the rest of that album.  It is amazing.  Then I would probably buy Z, then "At Dawn". It's hard to pick a favorite MMJ song.  I've always said, I've never met an MMJ song I didn't like.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Nikkogino

QuoteHidey Ho Kids
     Stumbled across this band a few months ago, and i can Honestly say i've been severly Zapped!
I've seen a Lot of concerts over the years and own a Ton of cd's, but as soon as I heard One Big Holiday I said who the Hell is that?  the voice and Music seemed Seamless and loved the Riff! Been on board since....
Couple Questions though...

What Album should i buy first?
Some of your Fav Songs?
What Live shows should i download n Where?
or anthing else i should know about the band!?

I'm looking forward to adding a lot of MMJ's music to my ever growing Collection. Enjoy often Friends!   Tommy
http://db.etree.org/MotzSpot

Buy in this order:  It Still Moves, At Dawn, Z, Tennessee Fire
MMJ also have a bunch of good EPs:  YOU MUST GET THE ACOUSTIC CITSUOCA EP!!!!!!!!  It will make you even more amazed at Jim James abilities!  There are songs from ISM, At Dawn, Tennessee Fire, and Chocolate & Ice EP on it...buy the acoustic album with ISM.

My favorite songs off of each album:  (Keep in mind, I picked a few favorites although all of their albums are solid!
from ISM- Run Thru, One Big Holiday, Steam Engine, Just One Thing, Mahgeeta
from At Dawn- Phone Went West, X-Mas Curtain, Death Is the Easy Way, Lowdown
from Z- It Beats 4 U, Dondante, Lay Low, Knot Comes Loose, Into the Woods
from Tennessee Fire- Picture of You, The Bear, Evelyn Is Not Real, Old Sept. Blues, I Will Be There When You Die

Good songs from EPs--Sooner (from Choc & Ice), O is the One that is Real (from Split Songs from Ohia)

Have a fun time picking up this spectacular music!

SMc55

Angry Ewok

This is could be dangerous, but, try playing them all at once... See what happens.

Let us know.

:P

Seriously, until you see the band Live, I wouldn't download too many of their live performances... you've really no idea how awesome they are Live, so you should serve yourself a treat and see them ASAP.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

steelyB

What about 'Cobra' from Chocolate and Ice EP - you get a little of everything.

Man, I love that song!

mattyyoohoo

i am not new to the band, but i am new to the forum. they are an amazing band, and i have had a great time seeing them and collecting their music. is their a trading forum on here?

peanut butter puddin surprise

no, but if you send me an email I'll hook ya up with the details to my FTP server, that's chock full o good stuff from the early days..and not so early days.

there's a lot of folks on here who also are a part of some bit torrent sites.  www.etree.org seems to have a lot of good ones... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there