Import versions of Z: copy protected?

Started by agnamaracs, Dec 03, 2005, 10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agnamaracs

(clueless newbie)

Okay, so I read the thread about how to bypass the copy protection on Z, but I've still resolved not to buy ANYTHING with copy protection (which seems to be working OK, aside from a few titles).

I'm surprised no one brought this up in the previous thread: what about buying an import copy? Different regions treat their CDs differently... for instance, the new Bad Plus album (appropriately titled "Suspicious Activity?") was protected in the US and Japan, but not Europe (and the US version has since been pulled due to the deadly XCP).

I decided to check the UK and Japanese Amazon sites, and I stumbled upon this in Japan:

By the way this album, the home country US board is CCCD. A little being high, we recommend the purchase of the Japanese board! (Also the bonus track/truck entering, the ??die)

I took this to mean that the Japanese version is not protected. Then again, the same person also describes MMJ as "the mustache guy 5 group."

So my questions:

a) Can anyone confirm that the Japanese copy is, in fact, untainted?
b) What about other versions? (e.g. European)

Thanks in advance.

dragonboy

Hey Agnamaracs - I have the Japanese copy, it has no copywrite protection & I had no problems loading it into my PC & putting it on my MP3 player.
Hope this helps  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

wellfleet

that's definitely one reason to move to japan... or pay 30$ for the import... ouch!
everything sucks. really.

tomEisenbraun

or to just press shift when you put the CD in. honestly, there's nothing that not buying the album will do. and it won't destroy your computer. better yet, if you have a mac, it won't do anything at all.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.