MMJ Songs from Compilations

Started by tdan, Feb 27, 2006, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdan

I found a couple of songs listed in the iTunes Music Store for MMJ songs which I have never heard.  

Wear Your Love Like Heaven - from a Donovan Tribute
Behind That Locked Door - A Decade of Sin

I tried to do a forum search to read opinions about these songs but found no matches.  I must be doing something wrong because I know I remember reading a thread about Behind That Locked Door not too long ago.  

I was just wondering if anyone could offer up additional information about these songs.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

dragonboy

I have Behind That Locked Door from A Decade Of Sin which is a bloodshot records 2disc comp. Behind That Looked Door is a cover of a George Harrison track from All Things Must Pass.
MMJ's cover is pretty good & worth having if you're a completist but I still prefer the original.
No idea about the Donovan track but would like to find out  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

MMJ"S Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Donovan cover)
first released on: "A Gift From A Garden To A Flower: A Tribute To Donovan"  (November 2002)

The original version by Donovan can be found on his 22-track double album (now available on a single CD) "A Gift From A Flower To A Garden", of which the first 10 tracks were released in the US as the single album "Wear Your Love Like Heaven" (both 1967)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.