dude i'm in class right now...

Started by mother_earth, Jan 17, 2007, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

i got the professor to play the OBH video on conan in class. after someone said there is no good music now-a-days. hopefully i made someone a believer.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

.Walt

it was marketing research, so i'm on a computer for three hours looking up shit.  just hate when people say there isn't any good music now-a-days. "classic-rock head"  you know the type nothing past 77 is good, even though they were born in the 80's.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quoteit was marketing research, so i'm on a computer for three hours looking up shit.  just hate when people say there isn't any good music now-a-days. "classic-rock head"  you know the type nothing past 77 is good, even though they were born in the 80's.

Ha! I know the type all too well...They are sooo into music, yet so jaded about it. I try not to talk to those people. :P
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

What kills me is these forty something classic rock guitar instructor guys that swear by The Allman Brothers and Zepplin yet they will tell you the only thing worth listening to these days is Nickleback and Seven Mary Three.  I played a couple of guys that have made this comment or a similar one some My Morning Jacket tunes thinking "ah, you are so wrong, allow me to blow your mind"....they listen and they're like "it's allright I guess, hey did you know I saw the lead singer from Nickleback at a tittie bar once, he shook my hand"   :o
There's Still Time.........

primushead

Quoteit was marketing research, so i'm on a computer for three hours looking up shit.  just hate when people say there isn't any good music now-a-days. "classic-rock head"  you know the type nothing past 77 is good, even though they were born in the 80's.

Nice, I have a marketing research class this semester too.  Too bad it's at 9:30 tomorrow.  I've gotta hit the sack :-/

megisnotreal

Quotethey listen and they're like "it's allright I guess, hey did you know I saw the lead singer from Nickleback at a tittie bar once, he shook my hand"   :o

I hope you proceeded to cockpunch those dudes after their ignorant comments.

Angry Ewok

Yeah, they deserve a punch in the nuts.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TEO

Nuttin' like sweet talkin' the teach! ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Kory

words cannot describe how much I hate nickelback. that's all I have to say.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

Hawkeye

Just hearing or even reading that name makes me want to vomit all over everyone in that band and all of their fans
We could.

Tore

I used to be one of those guys who didnt think there was any good music after 77, even though im born in the eighties. My Morning Jacket was actually pretty important in opening my eyes to new music. Ironically though, MMJ are getting more and more similar to the feeling of Led Zeppelin to me. The band that was the one and only for three or four years.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI used to be one of those guys who didnt think there was any good music after 77, even though im born in the eighties. My Morning Jacket was actually pretty important in opening my eyes to new music. Ironically though, MMJ are getting more and more similar to the feeling of Led Zeppelin to me. The band that was the one and only for three or four years.

Glad you came around. There will always be great music being made.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

.Walt

QuoteI used to be one of those guys who didnt think there was any good music after 77, even though im born in the eighties. My Morning Jacket was actually pretty important in opening my eyes to new music. Ironically though, MMJ are getting more and more similar to the feeling of Led Zeppelin to me. The band that was the one and only for three or four years.

i was the same way too, i think pretty much everyone was for a while. smoking weed and listen topretty much nothing but floyd and zeppelin. at the time was there anything better that? maybe in twenty five years kids in high school well be smoking weed and listening to mmj  instead?

saki

What was the rest of the class's reaction to the video did it seem to impress anyone?

.Walt

i thought it went over well. the professor, really liked it. if anything i made him a fan. maybe now i'll get an A...but hey, C's get degrees. right?

ms. yvon

I hope you proceeded to cockpunch those dudes after their ignorant comments.
;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."