what do you say, to a person who doesn't like MMJ?

Started by mother_earth, Jan 07, 2007, 12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

"The MOST PAINFUL performance I've ever sat through greeted us in the 3rd set of the evening.  Jim James crooned, wailed, and just about gave me a migrane.  It got so bad that I even offered to leave the theatre altogether and miss the very reason we came.  My wife was a saint and urged me to suffer through it with her.  Finally I couldn't take it any longer and we escaped from our floor level seats to the busy lobby full of others who found nothing redeeming about Mr. James' solo songs or style.  That said, there was a theatre full of screaming fans everytime he started a song they recognized."

;D

"Jim James       1/10 stars"

;D
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

rugbird

I'm guessing only sign language would work with these people. ;D

.Walt

here's what i'd say

QuoteYou get over it and you stop being a butthead, thats what you do. If you dont like then you dont like it. Its as simple as that. You shouldnt worry so much about what other people are listening to you freak of nature. Why dont you make like a tree and get outta here.

surprizingly it works in this situtation
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

megisnotreal

steelyB

I say nothing. leave them be and hope they go away.

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

DaFunkyPrecedent

ohh well.  i dont care anymore...i really dont.  I know Jim James is the greatest and thats good enough for ME...and all of you i assume.  
God damn those shaky knees.

fortbethel

I'd say, 'Boy, do I feel sorry 4 u' THE JACKET RULE!

TheBigChicken

Quote"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. "

This made me crack up.  Perfect response.

My answer is...I think it's a trick question.

Q: What do you say to a person who doesn't like My Morning Jacket?
A:  Not a god damn thing.
BINGO
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

QuoteActually, when you look at in at the size it is on the avatar, he could very well be punching a huge cock.  ;D
You just stole my thunder...kinda...nevermind
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Willard1979

QuoteTell them to listen to drunk and or stoned. I liked MMJ, but the other day I was listening to it still moves drunk and everyone was bitching. Then golden and runthru came on and everyone loved it, but they didn't like it sober.

Reading that just reminded me of when I watched okonokos after a few beers.....BOY did it kick some A**!  Of course, it works fine when you're sober too.  But I can definitely see where you're coming from.  The next time im at a  bar, and theres a jukebox, if by some miracle they have some MMJ on there, I'll start with One Big Holiday, and if that doesn't get anyones attention, then I'm just going to have to take the law into my own hands, and start knocking some sense into people!  ;D The Jacket would be the perfect soundtrack for a bar brawl, don't you think? LOL

deedrummer

I think the key is to play It Still Moves in the background, when you are trying to introduce them to new people. Little things will peak out while you are playing cards or drinking beers or whatever activity. Eventually a song will come on like Golden and somebody will say, 'who is this again?'

It's when you force it on people that they get offended. It's very dramatic music. And there's almost too much for somebody to absorb right off the bat. Just keep playing it in the background, espeically outdoors, like poolside or better yet out camping in the depths of the woods.

My brother claims he cant' stand them. And this is a guy who loves bands like the Outlaws and Pure Southern Guitar Rock. Songs like OBH and Strangulation are right up his alley and he wouldn't even know it.

There really is a song for everybody in the Jacket catalog.