Started by LaurieBlue, Jan 25, 2008, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.harpmagazine.com/news/detail.cfm?article=12193

Not sure if this is "official"...

My Morning Jacket Channels "Evil Urges" and Sells Out RCMH
Fred Mills
January 25, 2008
My Morning Jacket sold out their June 20 show at NYC's Radio City Music Hall in 22 minutes—the kind of ticket sell-outs one usually associates with the likes of the Stones and U2, or Arcade Fire and Radiohead, and not a little ol' band from Kentucky. Meanwhile, as previously announced in this spot, the band will also be on the road this spring and summer, appearing at SXSW in March and Coachella in April.
And if you tune in to Current TV on Jan. 29 at 10pm you can view MMJ's special performance with the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra at last year's Lollapalooza through the eyes of their fans during a one-of-a-kind "All Eyes On."
The band's fifth LP will be titled Evil Urges and is set for a June 10 release on ATO. It was co-produced by frontman Jim James and the multi-Grammy winning Joe Chiccarelli (Shins, White Stripes).
(Photo credit: Danny Clinch)

vespachick

You know, if you rearrange the letters it spells Glee Virus.  

I think I'm already infected!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Nikkogino

cool name....I like it...although they could probably name it "poop" and i would like it.

Pitchfork confirmed it as well....although they also confirmed that Weezer's new album was called "tut ensemble" and that turned out to be bogus.  Hopefully they checked their sources this time.

The Big Come Up

red

primushead

It also spells "Evi Lurges" when rearranged.  This CAN'T be by mistake.

I really do dig the name, though.

sweatboard

"Give Rules" ?  :-?

It's both a request and an answer.  
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

Evil Urges...does this mean they gave in and did a badass funk record?  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

QuoteEvil Urges...does this mean they gave in and did a badass funk record?  :D

It sounds like a Queens Of The Stone Age record.

The DARK

QuoteEvil Urges...does this mean they gave in and did a badass funk record?  :D

It sounds like a Queens Of The Stone Age record.

I slightly doubt they went that path.  ;)

How does this sound to you:

The Tennessee Fire
At Dawn
It Still Moves
Z
Evil Urges

In my book, it fits in perfectly.  :)

sweatboard

Yeah, it kind of remindes me of what comes next after you start to fall asleep.

Subconscious?

Dreams about having sex with your mom and killing your dad...that sort of shit.  

The DARK

Yeah. It seems like each of the records evoked a time of day. TF in the middle of the night, At dawn in the morning, It Still Moves during midafternoon, Z in the evening.

So Evil Urges would start this series over again?

sweatboard

Exactly, and the eighth album will be the answer to all of our mortal questions.  

The DARK

I don't want to have to wait that long... :'(

sweatboard

QuoteI don't want to have to wait that long... :'(

Well, your are a lot younger than I am.

The DARK

QuoteI don't want to have to wait that long... :'(

Well, your are a lot younger than I am.

And I am a restless teenager, which means that I will be a lot less patient about finding the answer to all my mortal problems.  ;)

sweatboard

Don't worry these next three albums will help get you through it.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

I was thinking of waiting for the tour to be announced before I planned my trip to the states but if tickets are selling out in 22mins & people in the US can't get hold of them then there's little chance of me getting one.

Every time I think of the new album I think of this one by RATM. Not too sure why...probably because they both have the word Evil in the title?  ;)

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteI was thinking of waiting for the tour to be announced before I planned my trip to the states but if tickets are selling out in 22mins & people in the US can't get hold of them then there's little chance of me getting one.

I think the problems with the RCMH show are kinda a one time deal. I've never seen any issues with any other show...except Hannah Montana.