"I got Evil Urges" Thread

Started by SuperKarateMonkyDC, Jun 08, 2008, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

Picked up the CD at Best Buy this afternoon. Stopped at local indie shop first.....I figured if it was only a couple bucks more than BB, I'd buy it there, but they wanted $5 more, so I said screw it.

I knew I'd like this album more once I had a physical copy, and I do. Very pop, pretty slick, sort of a 70s vibe on a few tracks.  Transitional album I think....seems like Jim wants to leave the rock behind, and that's okay with me. I miss the reverb, but vocals still sound amazing on these songs. Don't think I'll ever love the cover art or Aluminum Park, but AP could potentially be a huge single. Remnants blows me away. No matter how many people rag on Thank You Too for being schmaltzy, I don't care.....I LOVE that track. Librarian totally moves me. And to end with an 8 minute disco track is ultra cool. Looking forward to many listens.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

travisr

I was anticipating my preorder to arrive today...and just as I was pulling out of my driveway, leaving for work, the mailman walks by and drops my Evil Urges of in my mailbox. I pulled to the side of the road and grabbed my mail and went to work. I opened my Evil Urges envelope to make sure it was the right CD, which it was.
I intend to wait until tomorrow, my day off, to crank my stereo and listen to Evil Urges on CD when my landlord ain't home.

gundy

Got EU last night and diggin' the new tunes!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteGot mine at lunch today, went to local record store.  The owner was actually in the process of emailing ATO to complain about the size of the CD case.  It is larger than standard sizes and he had no real way of getting it to fit into any existing security casing.  He only had one copy on the floor as a result...

yeah, i'm not a fan of the differently shaped CD cases. i had all my MMJ CD's neatly categorized on a stand, (used to do that with all of my CD's but got lazy) but this one won't fit.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Willard1979

I got mine at Best Buy.  The first one I went to, for some reason, didn't have it!  I don't think they had any of the New Releases on the shelf.  I went to the Customer Service desk, and indeed, that hadn't received it yet.  They told me which stores had copies, and I immediately went there to get it.  I wonder if this is a sign that CDs will soon not be available in retail stores?  With MP3/iTunes being the easiest way of getting music nowadays.  It's kind of scary to think about, but I have a feeling, that day is fast-approaching.  Sorry to get a bit off-topic.  I LOVE the album!!  Been listening to it non-stop.  Not too impressed with the cardboard sleeve, but that's a minor thing.  What matters most, is the music!  Now, I just hope I get a chance to hear these new tunes live!!  Count me as one happy MMJ Fan! :-)