new MMJ Rolling Stone 2 pg. write up..

Started by fortbethel, Jun 28, 2008, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quoteyeah i just read it--along w/a spread of pics of freaks from bonnaroo--why didn't they have any pics of normal people there LOL? great MMJ article, although i'd read most of it before i think---i love it when jim talks about wanting to have a relationship and all that sappy stuff (awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) and crying when he first heard 'when you wish upon a star' good article, i'll try to scan tomorrow or it should be  up on the website. i'll check

Are you trying to say the girls on the front page of the article showing their boob tatoos (but mainly their boobs) are not normal? haha :D

yeah there weren't as many (surprisingly) this year...not as many wookies, hippies, freaks in general---i didn't get to walk down Shakedown Street this year so maybe they were all hiding back there
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold99

Quoteyeah i just read it--along w/a spread of pics of freaks from bonnaroo--why didn't they have any pics of normal people there LOL? great MMJ article, although i'd read most of it before i think---i love it when jim talks about wanting to have a relationship and all that sappy stuff (awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) and crying when he first heard 'when you wish upon a star' good article, i'll try to scan tomorrow or it should be  up on the website. i'll check

Are you trying to say the girls on the front page of the article showing their boob tatoos (but mainly their boobs) are not normal? haha :D

yeah there weren't as many (surprisingly) this year...not as many wookies, hippies, freaks in general---i didn't get to walk down Shakedown Street this year so maybe they were all hiding back there

They were unavoidable at Mountain Jam this year.  They occupied the main walkway to the music and ski lodge.  It was on a hill and we talked about starting a game called "Bowling For Wookies" haha.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

BH

Holy crap, lots of "answers" in that article.  Confirmation of a M.Ward/Conor Oberst/Jim James recording, a possible side project of "country" Jim under his alter ego Sec Walkin'!  (I think Jim might be fucking with them on that one, but that would be a perfect way to satisfy people's urge for TF/AD style MJ, eh?) and I think we can clear up the drug question once and for all with that right?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteHoly crap, lots of "answers" in that article.  Confirmation of a M.Ward/Conor Oberst/Jim James recording, a possible side project of "country" Jim under his alter ego Sec Walkin'!  (I think Jim might be fucking with them on that one, but that would be a perfect way to satisfy people's urge for TF/AD style MJ, eh?) and I think we can clear up the drug question once and for all with that right?

yeah i can't wait to hear the adventures of sec walkin---great name!!

Penny Lane

They were unavoidable at Mountain Jam this year.  They occupied the main walkway to the music and ski lodge.  It was on a hill and we talked about starting a game called "Bowling For Wookies" haha.

i saw virtually no wookies at bonnaroo this year...just a bunch of trustafarian kids with long hair and perfect teeth- texting on their cell phones---i remember 3 years ago, standing around watching lake trout on the sonic stage--and i was taking pics of wookies just sprawled out everywhere---completely baked, naked and nasty--times have changed. mountain jam is probably the one wookie mainstay--although i've heard wakaroosa is like that.

bold99

i saw virtually no wookies at bonnaroo this year...just a bunch of trustafarian kids with long hair and perfect teeth- texting on their cell phones---i remember 3 years ago, standing around watching lake trout on the sonic stage--and i was taking pics of wookies just sprawled out everywhere---completely baked, naked and nasty--times have changed. mountain jam is probably the one wookie mainstay--although i've heard wakaroosa is like that.

I can't imagine any festival without them.  It kinda makes festivals funny though.  No matter how aweful i'm feeling I think about them and I immediately feel better about myself..haha.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei tried to get in online w/my acct no---i guess you can't do that until it's out

Barack is on the cover

Thats his 2nd cover in like, 4 months.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Ghosts_on_TV

Can't wait to hear the " Sec Walkin" Album.  ;D
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

doEVILslittle

DaFunkyPrecedent

just got it today in the airport. First off Obama is on the cover - with no writing on it, nothing.  Just his handsome smile! No words, NADA.  Looks so fuckin tight.    Second, MMJ is all over this issue including an article about how MMJ rules Bonnaroo.  Third, there is an amazing article about Bonnaroo.  For someone who is in love with Obama, who is obsessed with MMJ and just got back from his first Bonnaroo experience, this Rollingstone is a for sure collectors item for me.  

Also mentions a pearl jam/mmj basketball tournament in the "smoking section".  They were supposed to play last year at lolla but MMJ had to cancel.  When asked why they replied, "Um, we had to practice with an orchestra"  
God damn those shaky knees.