Main Menu

Mahgeetah

Started by bigger_rooty, Oct 31, 2003, 12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigger_rooty

Hey everyone I'm new to this board, and I had a question that I would really appreciate being answered:

What the fuck does Mahgeetah mean?  The song kicks one ton of ass, but I really wanna know what it's about.

On another note, I consider myself to be pretty plugged into underground music, but I had never heard MMJ until about a month ago when I saw them in Entertainment Weekly of all places.  The reviewer compared them to Neil Young, as seemingly everyone does, so I knew that I had to check them out.  For once, EW was right.  This band is so mind-blowingly trascendent.  I can't remember the last time that I fell in love with a band this quickly.
from this town, we'd escape
if we holler loud and make our way
we'd all live one big holiday.

dwight

dwight

Jim was probably writing the song.. at the end going.
Ladi Daaaaa
Ladi Daaaaaa

My Gee Ta
My Gee Ta

Late,

8)

dwight

Last comment,
Amen!
I listen to LOTS of music. LOTS.
MMJ are the real deal.  
Great melody, great execution live, great lyrics ( ambiguous but uplifting ), great passion.
And the guys are genuine and not "jack offs"
You will have a tough time finding a band around now that's got that much going for it.
They are, frankly, in Snoopdoggese - the SHIZNIT!!

dwight

last last comment.. promise.
Check out their Christmas CD.
One of my favorites.  It's fucking great.

Oz

It might be a rephrasing of the word 'guitar', it might also be a nonsense-thing, like Jim has had more than once. Remember the 'My-don-ron-ron' in The Way That He Sings, or the ending of Steam Engine, wich sounds something like 'Li-da-dum', or whatever. If it means anything, Jim is probably the only one who knows and I doubt he'll answer if you'd ask him.
I'm ready when you are

hipkink

I agree with O. At first, I thought that it might mean My Guitar too. But now, I think it just might mean nothing at all. Well... nothing to us. Mahgeetah, I think, lives only in Jim's mind. But who knows? Maybe Mahgeeta is the name of his lady in some weird way.
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

hipkink

Maybe his lady is his guitar, and that's what the song is about. Just Jim, a bottle of wine, the fire, and his guitar.
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there