The "Other" Lyrics

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Nov 10, 2006, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danz

Oh, i meant the lyrics, not the song.  but thanks

danz

QuoteI can't find "How Do You Know."  Am I totally spacing it?!

There are two versions I know of, referenced in this thread:

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1263139176

Okonokos vinyl (or The Okonokos Project, if you have that; credit BH) and the Sweatbees EP.

but what's this "project" you speak of? transfer from vinyl i guess....i got the wax!

johnnYYac

Okonokos vinyl (or The Okonokos Project, if you have that; credit BH) and the Sweatbees EP.

but what's this "project" you speak of? transfer from vinyl i guess....i got the wax!

Best if I let the creator explain it himself.  Follow the link below to download the files.  If the download links are dead ends, let me know and I'll post 'em.  That's where I have the Okonokos version of "How Do You Know."  Scroll down for the setlist, cover art, and the KEY, which is probably too small to read.  You can also download these from the link that follows.

From The Steam Engine Blog: http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-morning-jacket-okonokos-project.html

"This is a complete re-imagining of the various available Okonokos releases by My Morning Jacket, all in lossless audio. I noticed that all of the different incarnations of the Okonokos album had different track listings and song orders, so I was curious to see if a more complete and accurate release could be achieved using the existing elements. Using the set lists from the two Fillmore concerts (the source for all Okonokos footage), I have re-ordered all tracks into the closest possible representation of the the actual performed song order. Various custom audience cross-fade edits were required to make this project one, seamless experience. Now, for the first time, all tracks from the Okonokos CD release, DVD release, and Acoustic Chorale bonus DVD are together in one place and in the closest approximation of their original order. To this end, order priority has been afforded to night one for songs shared by both performances. Songs unique to one performance or the other were added where they were performed in relation to the shared tracks."

Think of it as an extended Okonokos. This guy really deserves a big applause for this. Here is the tracklisting:

01. Intro (The Party) (4:51)
02. Wordless Chorus (4:08)
03. It Beats 4 U (4:24)
04. One Big Holiday (5:54)
05. The Way That He Sings (5:06)
06. I Will Sing You Songs (8:37)
07. Lowdown (4:10)
08. How Do You Know (3:36)
09. Golden (4:49)
10. Sooner (5:05)
11. Xmas (5:01)
12. What A Wonderful Man (2:57)
13. Gideon (3:45)
14. Bermuda Highway (3:39)
15. Where To Begin (4:00)
16. Lay Low (6:17)
17. Dancefloors (5:15)
18. Off The Record (6:52)
19. O Is The One That Is Real (3:34)
20. Dondante (11:03)
21. Steam Engine (11:14)
22. Run Thru (10:04)
23. I Think I'm Going To Hell (5:14)
24. At Dawn (3:09)
25. Strangulation (6:12)
26. Anytime (3:56)
27. Mahgeetah (6:40)
28. Outro (The Attack) (0:50)
29. End Credits (Cobra Edit) (3:18)

Total Running Time: 2 hrs., 33 mins., 40 secs.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

danz

huh...i got both nights from archive.org.  i guess this is kinda cool.  but wouldn't the most uncut versions being the taping?  but ya they're definitely not as good quality, thats for sure.  I'll have to give this a listen..thanks

danz

but, where the f are the official 'how do you know' lyrics!  

BH

The lyrics to the Split EP used to be on this website in official form, so they were not included in this thread.   During the last website update they didn't make it somehow to the new format, and nobody has ever redone them by ear.   If you do it, I will add a SPLIT EP section to the thread!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

danz

anyone know where I might be able to find the month of sundays/mont de sundua lyrics?

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 20, 2010, 11:46 PM

Best if I let the creator explain it himself.  Follow the link below to download the files.  If the download links are dead ends, let me know and I'll post 'em.  That's where I have the Okonokos version of "How Do You Know."  Scroll down for the setlist, cover art, and the KEY, which is probably too small to read.  You can also download these from the link that follows.

From The Steam Engine Blog: http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-morning-jacket-okonokos-project.html

"This is a complete re-imagining of the various available Okonokos releases by My Morning Jacket, all in lossless audio. I noticed that all of the different incarnations of the Okonokos album had different track listings and song orders, so I was curious to see if a more complete and accurate release could be achieved using the existing elements. Using the set lists from the two Fillmore concerts (the source for all Okonokos footage), I have re-ordered all tracks into the closest possible representation of the the actual performed song order. Various custom audience cross-fade edits were required to make this project one, seamless experience. Now, for the first time, all tracks from the Okonokos CD release, DVD release, and Acoustic Chorale bonus DVD are together in one place and in the closest approximation of their original order. To this end, order priority has been afforded to night one for songs shared by both performances. Songs unique to one performance or the other were added where they were performed in relation to the shared tracks."

Think of it as an extended Okonokos. This guy really deserves a big applause for this. Here is the tracklisting:

Just wanted to say I probably listen to the Ok Project more than any official release or other live show. Thanks BH for creating this.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

I'm sure you are not alone in holding The Okonokos Project in high esteem.  And BH has created some amazing Jacket compilations.  But the credit for The Okonokos Project goes to Croweyes1121.  I think BH might have turned the forum on the the existence of The Okonokos Project and made me aware of The Steam Engine for the first time.

BH

Nope, I had nothing to do with that awesome project.  In fact, I was even busting Croweyes' balls at the beginning for posting the songs online for free!   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

Quote from: BH on Feb 21, 2011, 11:13 AM
Nope, I had nothing to do with that awesome project.  In fact, I was even busting Croweyes' balls at the beginning for posting the songs online for free!

I didn't even think about that. I own the DVD, Vinyl, Digi DL, and Acoustic Chorale, so I feel its okay for me to download them in a different order.

bluesky

I had posted this before on a different thread, seems to belong here. Anyone care to fill in the rest......

Spin out, gracefully                                   
Going nowhere, quickly
I'm older, day by day
Still going back to my childhood way

Circuital
Round and round patiently
Getting lost by the guide
And I'm all worked up over nothing

Circuits
Are running out
Connect my body deep into the ground

Circuits
Connect the edge of the moon and make our heavenly bodies not a moment too soon   

Well you can  ? open the widows or you can board em up
Satan's to crowd, Christ humble cup.
You think you find yourself out there out in the loin's den
Somebody got a up a ?  tales

Or disappear into the vacuum of ?
Where you can't lose nothing but nothing can be gained

But any way you cut it
We're just spinning round
Out on the circuits
Over the hollow grounds
Out on the circuits
Over the hollow grounds
Ending up in the same place
That we started out
Right back in the same place
Right back in the same place
That we started out

Let her know  ?                                 

BH

Change 12-29-11

Why are you afraid of life?

Like my heart and soul I ????

Why am I afraid to say what I feel in me?

Why am I afraid to live a liiiieeeeeee   ffff.

I LOve.  <---------

Change the pen.  Change The Ink.   Change the way you talk and think.
Change the tunes and change the ties.   Change the things your heart desires.
Change your makeup  Change your purse
Change the ways of this changin' world
Change the wayyyyyyssss
of this changin' world.

Afraid to live live live...
Afraid to love love love...
Afraid to walk walk walk....
Afraid to talk talk talk...

I'm afraid to live here friend.   I'm afraid to die.
I'm afraid to live, hear friend?   I'm afraiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

to die.

Weewhhehwhhehwhhehwhhehwhhehwhheh

Change the pen.  Change The Ink.   Change the way you talk and think.
Change the tunes and change the ties.   Change the things your heart desires.
Change your makeup  Change your purse
Change the wayyyyyyssss
of this changin' world.

dChangethewayyyyayyyyyoooohohohahhaooahaoyiiyyiyiyiyiyiiiiioaoohoaooohhhhhh!

whhhahhwhhwhahhwawahwhooooooooaooaoaoaooaoaoaoo

whwhhwhahhahawhahwwahwhhahwhwooaooooaoaooaoaooaoaooaooaoaoaooaahaaoaooooaoaoaoooooooooaahahahahaahhhhahaHAHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHAAAAaaA!!A!A!a1!A!A!A!!A!A!!AAAAAGaahHHQHH!HH!AHHA!HAH!HHHAHoOooOoohhhhh

Yim Yames at the Brown Theater 12/29/11 - Change - Wild Honey

TheThird

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 20, 2010, 11:46 PM

Anywhere else that this is uploaded? Unfortunately it's hosted through megaupload which has been taken down.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

johnnYYac

trippin from shroomin

Lyrics are needed for Friends Again

e_wind

this is all from one listen, so its probably very off:

It was so natural
that perfect feeling inside
so ergonomical
your comfort was my pride

then we woke up
on the wrong side of bed
started caring about what other people said
and now it seems
im letting go of my dreams
but you know what this business partner needs
so lets be friends again
i'm tired of feeling this way
lets be friends again
I cant do it without you babe

do you remember
the first night we met
that was a feeling
i never will forget

wrapped in your arms (?)
and felt your soul (??or and felt soooo...)
darkness crept into your heart
and wouldnt you know

then we woke up
on the wrong side of bed
started caring about what other people said
and now it seems
i'm letting go of my dreams
lets be friends again
im tired of feeling this way
lets be friends again
I can't do it without you babe

friends again
friends again

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 19, 2012, 11:25 AM
this is all from one listen, so its probably very off:

added to main section, thanks!

e_wind

slightly updated after another listen

justbcuzido

Does anyone know the complete lyrics to Welcome Home?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.