The Aspiring Completists' Guidebook - Songs A-to-Z

Started by AngryEwok, Jun 27, 2007, 01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notdarkyet

does anyone actually have an .mp3 of "You Gotta Have Spirit!"  just found out it existed.  i think it is the only thing i don't have.  can someone e-mail or PM me?

thanks.

-justin

danz

Quote from: notdarkyet on Dec 01, 2011, 03:38 PM
"You Gotta Have Spirit!"  just found out it existed.

where'd you find out about that?

Quote from: mgriff73 on May 26, 2011, 02:16 PM
I'm having trouble finding Mother from the darla has a treat.  Any help would be great.

I have this if you're still looking.  pm me

notdarkyet

this thread.  apparently, it is a hidden track on the Picture Disk.

-justin

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mouse_8b

It looks like Outta My System from Circuital was left off of this list. This thread: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=16075.0 mentions the "Alternate Universe Take" and links to this blog where you can hear/see it: http://www.thesteamengine.net/home/kick-off-your-weekend-right-with-my-morning-jacket-outta-my.html

YimYodd

Great work man, very interesting & informative. See ya have some 'tribute' stuff so add these.
*26-second Song and Lullabies, Legends & Lies from Twistable Turntable Man - Tribute to Shel Silverstein.
*Youre a Big Girl Now from Chimes of Freedom - Songs of Bob Dylan.
You have Blue Moon as being an Elvis cover.It was written by Rodgers & Hart in the 30's and covered by many greats including Mel Torme, Ella Fitzgerald & Frank Sinatra. Elvis did cover it in '56 and The Marcells went to the top of the charts covering it in '61.
Elvis also did Blue Moon of Kentucky covering Bill Monroe.
Thanks again for the awesome post.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

voxware

Does anyone have these 4 songs?
1. Devil's Peanut Butter
2. Milking Song
3. Thanks 2 Bird or "Thats 2 Bad"
4. Churches, Banks and Bars

If you're able to find these and send them to me or you just know where to find them, my email is ohmimpotence@gmail.com

LB

Wait, when I inherited my first MMJ collection, on both At Dawn and Tennessee Fire, there were two untitled instrumental tracks. Those have names?! Is Alabama Come Clean on TTF or AD? I'm getting conflicting reports from google.
no you never gotta fight with me

LB

Actually, the untitled instrumental on AD actually sounds like an extension of I Needed It Most, whereas the instrumental on TTF sounds very different

LB

Ok, so Alabama Come Clean is the instrumental on TTF, does the instrumental on AD have a name? the one that sounds like I Needed It Most?

SplatSplatSplat

Hey guys, I'm looking for Breathin, Epichord and You Gotta Have Spirit if anyone feels like sharing.

Thanks!
You need it.  That's for sure.

johnnYYac

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Mar 06, 2015, 09:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for Breathin, Epichord and You Gotta Have Spirit if anyone feels like sharing.

Thanks!
You Gotta Have Spirit is on the NYE picture disc.  Anyone do an mp3 rip?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Smitty

"Downtown" & "Evelyn is Not Real" are also both on the "Randy & the Mob" soundtrack. I don't think I saw "Farewell Transmission" and "Almost Was Good Enough" from the Molina tribute either?
"Don't say what you would or wouldn't do, honey, cuz one day you just might have to" - Larry Brown

notdarkyet

does anyone still have the original .m4a file of "How Do You Know?" from the Okonokos album-only iTunes release?

i could definitely make it worth your while.  PM me plz!

Mr. White

Quote from: notdarkyet on Feb 02, 2016, 12:52 PM
does anyone still have the original .m4a file of "How Do You Know?" from the Okonokos album-only iTunes release?

i could definitely make it worth your while.  PM me plz!

You can still get the MP3 of it by downloading the Okonokos Project from The Steam Engine. Here is the link to the page where it can be found. http://thesteamengine.net/mmj-archive/my-morning-jacket/various-and-compilations/
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011