Tracks - Premiere Issue

Started by admin, Nov 15, 2003, 04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

A fine article... I love the second part, about the uncoolnes of the guys, and how fucking cool that really is. Yeah, it's a damn fine band we love!  :)
I'm ready when you are

marktwain

Okay, this is weird.  I woke up the other morning with the song "Leader of the Band" in my head, and I couldn't get it out.  I hadn't heard it, or even thought about it, since I was a kid!

my_evening_jacket

yeah, nice article - thanks for posting it riny

On one of the music lists I am on one guy posted a review of the Chicago show where he ripped into the band.  Besides comparing thier sound, comparing them to a suburban bar band - he also ripped into the hair thing.  I think he just didn't get it.  It's not really part of the indie protocal to be silly and have fun on stage.  The indie kids just don't get it.  Their "uncoolness" is one of the things that is refreshing about their live shows.  And, yes, they do make whatever size venue they are playing sound like an arena.  Rock on all.

Tim
shake some action

peanut butter puddin surprise

Amen...can I get an amen?

This article is awesome.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

lfish

I also dreamt last night.  I was standing in front of stage with my electric guitar in my hand, waiting for it to be signed by Jim.  It was weird because I was just standing there and everybody was looking and asking to theirselves, what the heck is that guy standing there with his guitar. Freak! Ain't that weird, when you even dream about the jacket?  It keeps hauntin' me, in everything I do.  Should I go to see a psychiatrist now?

Oh by the way, nice article.  Thx Riny.
lfish

Oz

I've had dreams about meeting John Frusciante and Michael Stipe... And I think Stef Kamil Carlens (singer from Belgium) was in a dream of mine as well, once.
I'm ready when you are

plank10

John Frusciante is just amazing. I felt that needed to be said. His solo albums are must haves for everyone.

my_evening_jacket

Hey O,

Keep your eyes open for a hard copy of this magazine.  Not only do they have the MMJ artcile - they have a bunch of REM photos with commentary from Peter Buck.

Tim

some nice pics of Mr Stipe with hair
shake some action

Oz

Hey, that's cool... I'll look for it!  :)
I'm ready when you are