Acoustic Chorale

Started by Johnny_Yac, Apr 28, 2010, 10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaye

wowee - that is awesome!   I can't believe you contacted the seller and actually got a positive response!   Great job and thanks very much.  :)

johnnYYac

Wow, I've gotten a number of PMs and emails about this eBay posting.

I'll stake my (hopefully) favorable reputation on this here forum and recommend that, if you don't already own a legit copy of Acoustic Chorale, this is a good deal.

The seller seemed pretty cool in response to my request to lower the price.  Here is my request and their response:

Greetings. I am a mega fan of My Morning Jacket. I am especially a fan of Acoustic Chorale. When I saw your eBay posting, I put a link for it on the MMJ fan forum and got you 2 purchases. Since then, its been noted your price has gone up $5. I believe you can expect more from this devoted group of people if you'd bring that price back down to $20. You're listing the condition as "acceptable", which suggests these DVDs have seen better days. I own two mint copies and didn't pay much more than your charging. Anyway, we all appreciate a chance to grab a copy of AC, and I've done my part in delivering to you a solid customer base. Throw 'em a bone, or free shipping, and I bet we can clean out your inventory of Acoustic Chorale in under a week. Many thanks for hearing me out. I hope my message isn't out of line. Take care.

johnnYYac

definitely, raised the price because of the quick sales, thought i priced it wrong.. will def lower it back.. the discs are mint, never played.. I'll fix that as well.. thanks for the heads up!

- the_luna_music

If anyone gets burned by this, let me know and I will hunt the_luna_music down, beat them with my least favorite Omnichord (probably the QChord, and its the heaviest one) and make them wish they never crossed johnnYYac (not really, I'm a pretty mellow guy.  i'd probably feel real bad about it though).
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

QuoteWow, I've gotten a number of PMs and emails about this eBay posting.

I'll stake my (hopefully) favorable reputation on this here forum and recommend that, if you don't already own a legit copy of Acoustic Chorale, this is a good deal.

The seller seemed pretty cool in response to my request to lower the price.  Here is my request and their response:

Greetings. I am a mega fan of My Morning Jacket. I am especially a fan of Acoustic Chorale. When I saw your eBay posting, I put a link for it on the MMJ fan forum and got you 2 purchases. Since then, its been noted your price has gone up $5. I believe you can expect more from this devoted group of people if you'd bring that price back down to $20. You're listing the condition as "acceptable", which suggests these DVDs have seen better days. I own two mint copies and didn't pay much more than your charging. Anyway, we all appreciate a chance to grab a copy of AC, and I've done my part in delivering to you a solid customer base. Throw 'em a bone, or free shipping, and I bet we can clean out your inventory of Acoustic Chorale in under a week. Many thanks for hearing me out. I hope my message isn't out of line. Take care.

johnnYYac

definitely, raised the price because of the quick sales, thought i priced it wrong.. will def lower it back.. the discs are mint, never played.. I'll fix that as well.. thanks for the heads up!

- the_luna_music

If anyone gets burned by this, let me know and [highlight]I will hunt the_luna_music down, beat them with my least favorite Omnichord (probably the QChord, and its the heaviest one) and make them wish they never crossed johnnYYac[/highlight] (not really, I'm a pretty mellow guy.  i'd probably feel real bad about it though).

Hahahaha!
;D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

WARNING: The folloiwng is in no way an endorsement of violence nor an actual newspaper.  For those who would like to create their own headlines, its easy.  Go to http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp

headhunter

john - you the man!  as one who ordered the dvd based on your head's up, i appreciate your efforts and am psyched for the dvd.  have the AC stuff on audio from an archive download but as i've watched the okonokos dvd at least a dozen times, i'm sure this one will be a great addition.

are you going to be at newport for yim this year?
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quotejohn - you the man!  as one who ordered the dvd based on your head's up, i appreciate your efforts and am psyched for the dvd.  have the AC stuff on audio from an archive download but as i've watched the okonokos dvd at least a dozen times, i'm sure this one will be a great addition.

are you going to be at newport for yim this year?

I am!  Bringing my 6 year old daughter Maddie along.  I have another adult ticket for my wife, Michele, but she might not make it.  I also have another child ticket for Maddie's sister, Katherine, but she's got rehearsals for summer theater, so we'll see...  We'll need a forum gathering.  I was thinking right after Yim's set, when we'll all be basically in the same place at the same time.

SaraBananaBear

Hahahaha, I love your newspaper stories!  ;D

headhunter

John- Agreed.  My wife and I went back in 2008 and saw Jim 3 feet away front and center and we will be back again this year.  Expecting to see Jim also play with Prine and Calexico again.  Took my (now 14 yr old) son and wife to the MSG NYE show but my wife and I like to do Newport solo.  She also went w me to Merriweather Post and will be going to Philly but the folk fest is always a special event and to see Jim there in that environment is really really special.

Lets get a thread together before hand and would be great to meet up.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

From the same site that brought you my fake newspaper headlines: http://www.fodey.com/generators/animated/talking_owl.asp

woodnymph

Oh man I really shouldn't catch up with threads backwards the way I tend to do.... I saw the 'article' and went "huh? counterfeit?!" (I knew it was tomfoolery, but my heart still fluttered for a moment...) Then as I paddled backward it turned into this beautiful, eloquent, diplomatic KICKASSERY of Mr. Yac  8-) Thanks a million for all the kickassery...ness!! (this includes the heads' up about its availability!!) I will report back pronto to confirm the mintiness of its conditions.
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

[size=9]And what a darling little owl banner! [/size]

weeniebeenie

From the same site that brought you my fake newspaper headlines: http://www.fodey.com/generators/animated/talking_owl.asp
Ahahahahahaha! ;D
How loud can silence get?

johnnYYac

Quote[size=9]And what a darling little owl banner! [/size]

Font emmasculation :-[

woodnymph

Sorry, sorry, 'scuse me pardon me [size=24]WHAT A MAGNIFICENT OWWOL BANNER YOU HAVE THERE! AINT NOTHIN LIKE IT![/size] *ahem*

johnnYYac

Sorry, sorry, 'scuse me pardon me [size=24]WHAT A MAGNIFICENT OWWOL BANNER YOU HAVE THERE! AINT NOTHIN LIKE IT![/size] *ahem*
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks, much better.

[size=8]PS- watch your mail...[/size]

woodnymph

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks, much better.

[size=8]PS- watch your mail...[/size]

Psst

You rock AND rule! I'll let you know when there's been a sighting!

SaraBananaBear

Hahaha this thread just gets better and better  ;) And I can't stop laughing at the owl, for some reason, he looks so serious and insane at the same time, that combined with MMJ lyrics... brilliant and scary at the same time ;)

woodnymph

IT CAME IN THE MAIL the day I was leaving for a 4th of July fest, and I just now watched it to my elation. It's impeccable quality. I can't WAIT for Pittsburgh show.

johnnYYac

QuoteIT CAME IN THE MAIL the day I was leaving for a 4th of July fest, and I just now watched it to my elation. It's impeccable quality. I can't WAIT for Pittsburgh show.

I know the feeling.

Kenny76

hahahaha, I how love this thread has unfolded, and i love how good this concert sounds... jimmy james never ceases to amaze!