Acoustic Chorale

Started by Johnny_Yac, Apr 28, 2010, 10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Well, our pals at LunaMusic have 6 copies of Acoustic Chorale left and they're on sale for the next day for $17.99 plus $3 shipping.  You might score a copy for less during auction, but they usually go for $20 to $30.  Most of you know I'm a huge cheerleader for AC, as it is my favorite MMJ video item.  I own two copies, so I'm sitting out this sale, even though I paid more for my two.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/MY-MORNING-JACKET-ACOUSTIC-CHORALE-DVD-/250655274738?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3a5c37f6f2
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

i got this one at john's suggestion and agree, it's awesome-- don't pass it up if you get the chance.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

BigBossMan

Just bought one myself purely on your guys' suggestion.
Can't wait for it to get here!
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

johnnYYac

QuoteJust bought one myself purely on your guys' suggestion.
Can't wait for it to get here!
You're welcome!

BigBossMan

I Think I'm Going To Hell....wow.
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

johnnYYac

QuoteI Think I'm Going To Hell....wow.
Yup!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

rmpotsy

i ordered this as well, thanks for the tip.

the wife and i popped it in on friday night after dinner.  we watched it, then she goes to the menu and says, "i want to hear bermuda hwy one more time."  then of course i said, "well, lets listen to at dawn and then go to bed."

30 mintes later the credits rolled for the second time that night.
out go the lights it begins

oistheone

May be a long shot, but does anyone have a copy of this they'd care to sell? The YouTube videos just aren't doing it for me -- I need the full experience! Let me know if you care to work out a deal -- it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks kindly.

johnnYYac

QuoteMay be a long shot, but does anyone have a copy of this they'd care to sell? The YouTube videos just aren't doing it for me -- I need the full experience! Let me know if you care to work out a deal -- it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks kindly.
PM sent.

johnnYYac

I just watched Acoustic Chorale again.  Amazing these didn't make the final cut for Okonokos.  I would have found the room for these.  I'm waiting now for the Blu Ray version (pipe dream alert!!), with Acoustic Chorale included.  It would be cool if you could weave the AC tracks into Okonokos, like a director's cut or something.  

Its past midnight, I'm drunk, and listening to...

the sensual snores of my lovely wife.

jdemo23

What's the best acousic song by My Morning Jacket?

vespachick

The one where Jim sings. :-? :-?
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

SaraBananaBear

QuoteWhat's the best acousic song by My Morning Jacket?

Hm, I have a hard time picking one, maybe Golden, it has a special place in my heart. But pretty much all of them really :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

e_wind

QuoteWhat's the best acousic song by My Morning Jacket?

Hm, I have a hard time picking one, maybe Golden, it has a special place in my heart. But pretty much all of them really :D

if i HAD to choose a favorite song in the world or else the human race would be wiped out I would say Golden
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

headhunter

curious mr. yac

welcome back to school. hope you greeted your students w some good music.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Sorry for the suspense.  I had to search to find this thread at work and had to wait until I got home to upload this.

You can see by this thread that I LOVE Acoustic Chorale.  I own 3 copies!  This Limited Edition DVD was included with Okonokos back in 2006.  These 6 songs didn't make the cut for the full-length DVD, though some are found on various audio versions of Okonokos and the infamous The Okonokos Project (download here). 

I just received the OK to post a disc image (.iso) file of Acoustic Chorale!  This should allow any and all to burn a pristine copy of my favorite MMJ video, complete with menu.  Its fairly small, 1.69 GB, and should fit on any DVD-R disc.  No special software needed. 

Can't speak to Mac users, but for PC, download the three parts, decompress the RAR files into one ISO file (decompress part 1 and the rest should follow automatically).  Right click the file and you should see "Burn Disc Image".  As long as you have a DVD burner and a blank DVD-R in there, you're on your way!

My Morning Jacket - Acoustic Chorale (Limited Edition DVD) - Part 1

My Morning Jacket - Acoustic Chorale (Limited Edition DVD) - Part 2

My Morning Jacket - Acoustic Chorale (Limited Edition DVD) - Part 3

subinai

DUDEEEEEEEEEE YES THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Crispy

Quote from: subinai on Sep 06, 2011, 09:44 PM
DUDEEEEEEEEEE YES THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
ECHO ECHO ECHO

:dankk2: :beer:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Sep 06, 2011, 03:04 PM
curious mr. yac

welcome back to school. hope you greeted your students w some good music.
Today, they got some Gideon.