Bonnaroo must be Latin for "heavensent"

Started by jezebel, Mar 11, 2003, 12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezebel

This is unreal. UNREAL. And MMJ is a part of it.

The Dead, Widespread Panic, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, James Brown,
The Allman Brothers Band, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals,
Jack Johnson, moe., Galactic,
Alison Krauss & Union Station feat. Jerry Douglas, The Flaming Lips, The Roots, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Emmylou Harris, Medeski Martin & Wood, Sonic Youth, The funky Meters, Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon,
Yonder Mountain String Band, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Nickel Creek, G. Love and Special Sauce, Tortoise,
Sound Tribe Sector 9, O.A.R., North Mississippi Allstars, Warren Haynes, Keller Williams, Garage A Trois, Ben Kweller, Mix Master Mike, Polyphonic Spree, Kid Koala, Z-Trip, Particle, Spearhead,
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, The Slip, Cyro Baptista's Beat the Donkey, DJ Spooky, Jon Cleary & the Absolute Monster Gentlemen,
The New Deal, RJD2, My Morning Jacket, Topaz,
Vusi Mahlasela of Amandla!, Drive-By Truckers,
Robinella & the CC String Band, Kaki King, RAQ, Jason Mraz,
The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players.
i am too overwhelmed at this moment to comment any further...ohmymy.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Okay, is this that music festival that's in Tennessee?  I've seen a few things around about it, but didn't know any confirmed band details other than a few that you had as well (Tortoise, Ben Harper, etc.)

If MMJ is there, I'm definitely there.  We gotta organize a road trip....(rubs hands gleefully together)  ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

danilove

Hell yeah!!!! If I can afford it, I'm there! The price's way out of my league (approx. $200 + travel), but I'm gonna cross my fingers and start saving now.

biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

jacksoncooper

Holy crap!

If I weren't so averse to hippies and crowds and deep in debt I'd be there in a flash.

And who knows, maybe I'll go anyhow.

James Brown! Allman Brothers! Alison Krauss! THE FLAMING LIPS! MMJ! THE FLAMING LIPS! Nickel Creek! THE GODDAMN FLAMING LIPS!!!!!!

Who put this thing together?!  Why must they torment me so?

Tooth

Holy shit!

Somebody hook me up with the details, gimme a web address or something...

Tooth

I found the website...very nice.  Mapblast says that Chapel Hill, NC to Manchester, TN  is 8.5 hours.  Then all I need is a couple hun fer tickets and a big jug of whiskey for me and Mr. Conway to swig...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....swiggin'.... :)

http://www.bonnaroo.com/2003/index.htm

Okay, the price is a bit steep, but there are like 20 bands playing...the first ticket is $119.50 and any tix thereafter are $134.50, plus a $10.50 service charge and an $8 shipping fee....damn!  It says the price includes camping...

I dunno guys...what do you think?

otter

Good luck to all of you who are going to try to get Bonneroo tix. For those who can brave the woodstock type of environment and are lucky enough to get tickets...it should be worth it.
Just think how many people will leave Bonneroo saying, "who were those guys". It will be a giant springboard for them. Don't know how eager I am for the masses to uncover MMJ yet. I certainly want them to succeed and the fan base to grow, but it can also get tarnished.

danilove

I know what you mean, but dude...The pros FAR outway the cons. More leverage in the industry never hurt anybody, and MMJ sooooo deserves the recognition. I can't help but be sincerely excited for them.

So, get ready. This is just the beginning... ;)
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the exposure will be fantastic!  I'm just lamenting the ticket price being out of my range at the moment  :'( :'( :'(

but, then again... ::)

otter

I was sitting my chair earlier listening to "I Needed It Most" earlier and thought about Bonneroo and how on a clear night in June people are going to here MMJ for miles. I haven't gotten to see them play outdoors yet, I can only imagine for now.

Oz

They´re definitely GREAT outdoors... First time I saw them was at the Cactus Festival in Brugge, Belgium, in a park, surrounded by trees and sunlight and a pool nearby... Delicious!  :)
I'm ready when you are

JJ Player

www.bonnaroo.com says it is sold out... i know that last year, they orig sold about 60,000 tix... then the released some more... brining it to about 74,000... then they sold those and released some more... i think 80,000 was the final ticket count...

Update 3/13/03

The 2003 Bonnaroo Music Festival in Manchester,TN is SOLD OUT! Thanks to everyone for your tremendous support. We're looking forward to seeing you in June for an unforgettable weekend of music and celebration.

Please continue to visit the website for updates, including new additions to the line up and other information about this year's festival.

Tooth

I second that sentiment.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!