MMJ Opening for Foo Fighters

Started by downdownyoubringmedown, May 22, 2003, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downdownyoubringmedown

I just found out that MMJ (along with Pete Yorn) are opening for Foo Fighters here In Toronto at Arrow Hall on July 7th. Tickets have already gone on sale.

Are MMJ opening for the Foo Fighters anywhere else?

downdownyoubringmedown

Oh yeah. Hey CC, any way we could get word to the band that if they are in Toronto on July 7th opening for Foo Fighters. Would they be up for playing a headliner at The Horseshow again the night before or after? It was a great night 2 weeks ago, but I know a whole bunch of people who missed that show. Listen, don't make me start a petition! :D

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI just found out that MMJ (along with Pete Yorn) are opening for Foo Fighters here In Toronto at Arrow Hall on July 7th. Tickets have already gone on sale.

Now that's a show!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Johnny Quest

;D

Foo, Yorn, MMJ also playing two shows in NYC at Hammerstein ballroom... july 2 and 3!!!!!!!!!!!

CC

QuoteI just found out that MMJ (along with Pete Yorn) are opening for Foo Fighters here In Toronto at Arrow Hall on July 7th. Tickets have already gone on sale.

check out the shows page,
more coming soon...

and the myth it shall build...

Pinte

Ever since Dave Grohl decided that he needed to promote The Sounds, Foo Fighters is the enemy. And that's my final standpoint.

uh, why?  what's wrong with The Sounds?  Isn't the singer like a total hottie?  That one song is pretty catchy...

not to mention the fact that Mr. Grohl has been a big promoter for MMJ, so even if you hate The Sounds or anything else he likes/promotes, it's kinda hard to say anything derogatory about him, eh?  I know my level of respect for him went from 8 to 10 as soon as I heard him praise the Jacket on high as he has...

Pinte

If he does like MMJ, I might have to revalue.  ;D

The Sounds ... well, let's just not go there. It's a Swedish thing.

Mr. Dave has said many great things recently about MMJ...even on MTV, which is a coup de tat of the highest order.

I can see why people don't like The Sounds...do you dig The Hives or Sahara Hotnights?  

CC

more foo dates confirmed!

you know where to look...

Pinte

I love The Hives. I want to like Sahara Hothights but there's just nothing about their music that's appealing to me, it seems like they're just doing an ordinary version of what a thousand bands have done before and that noone would care about it if they were four guys instead of four girls.

A good friend of mine got me The Hives for my birthday last year...and it's been in almost nonstop rotation ever since!