Main Menu

Boulder, CO

Started by Fatah_Ruark, May 18, 2003, 11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatah_Ruark

If anyone from this board is going to the Boulder show feel free to stop by BEHIND the soundboard. I'll be back there taping. Stop in and say hello.

My previous shows I've taped at the Fox have sounded much better any other venue (around here). I usually tape board + mics and mix them together (later). Normally at the Fox both sources kick ass. When you mix them together...you will be blown away. **knock on wood**

Anyone else plan on taping in Boulder?

MIKE B

CC

DCN will be webcasting the show in Boulder, tonight! don't forget to tune in...

around 12:45 am EST

Digital Club Network

Fatah_Ruark

So...how did the webcast sound? I didn't have anyway to start my computer recording and I was at the show.

Taped it with my new mic / preamp setup. So far it sounds pretty good. Had a bit of trouble getting in the door. The road manager (I didn't catch her name) was a bit wierd about it at first, but gave me the a-okay after a short cell phone call.

Sorry I didn't catch your name, Ms. Road Manager, but thank you very much for allowing us tapers to tape. I really enjoyed the show and got an address from one of the band members and will send it out to you as soon as it is ready.

I may mix my source with the webcast at a later date, when I feel everything sounds as good as it can I will offer it up for trades right here on this board.

Also, since I'm a new MMJ fan I didn't know a couple of the songs. If someone could post an accurate setlist I would be quite happy.

Thanks,
MIKE B

dthomas

I need to get my hands/ears on that version of Strangulation from last night.  Has Jim performed it solo before?  Steam Engine was great also. Eight days until the Hollywood show!

Fatah_Ruark

I think I figured out the setlist. There were a few songs I wasn't totally sure about. Let me know if something sounds fishy:

MMJ 5/20/2003, Fox Theater, Boulder, CO

Set (disc 1):
Dance Floors
Lowdown
One Big Holiday
I Will Sing You Songs
Evelyn Is Not Real
There's Just One Thing
Heartbreakin' Man
The Way That He Sings
Magheeta (?)
Steam Engine (?)

Encore (disc 2):
Bermuda Highway*
Strangulation*
Sooner*
Phone Went West

*Jim Solo Acoustic

I will be posting the show in MP3 form on my NEW website. I'm listening to it right now and it sounds pretty good. I may be remixing it when I get the webcast recorded. It has to sound good enough to make it worthwhile. Anyway, I will let you all know when it's ready to go.

MIKE B

Fatah_Ruark

MP3's are uploaded and ready. Please visit:

http://www.indierocklive.com

Enjoy,
MIKE B

CC

lotsa foxy photos in the gallery!

peanut butter puddin surprise

Uploading this show to the FTP server right now!

Thanks!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Fatah_Ruark

I'd rather have the SHN's up there. I can upload them to the FTP if you like. I might need a little help, never done that, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

MIKE B

DD

great show.  we happened to be in co on vacation so danny put us on the list.  we mostly just hung out with the dudes and listened to the show from the balcony.  the openers were really good.  that was the first show ive seen with pat.  other than the show at the planetarium at u of l this is the best ive ever heard them.  pat was the final key to pushing them over the edge from great to REALLY great.  however i was a bit dissapointed in the false advertising in their songs.  when jim says he'll put his cock in your back door, hes LYING.  i asked if he would put his cock in my back door but i was denied.  still, good rock show!
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

CC

more boulder shots in the gallery

Druken9

QuoteMP3's are uploaded and ready. Please visit:

http://www.indierocklive.com

Enjoy,
MIKE B

Do you tape all of their shows?

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hmmm...I don't think he does.  What makes me say that, I don't know, but I don't think anyone is taping all of them.

However, I've got a pretty wide variety at my FTP server...drop me a line!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Mike B

Do you tape all of their shows?

Wow that would be nice. When I win the lottery (note I said When. I know it will happen I'm just sure of an exact date). I am going to buy a driving camper and a crazy nice taping rig and go to concerts every night all over the world until I'm out of money.

MIKE B