Field Day location has been MOVED

Started by don't shoot the messenger, Jun 04, 2003, 08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don't shoot the messenger

:o
i wasn't going to this anyway... but i live in NYC area so this has been on the news a lot this week... here's the final word...  basically, there was a problem with not enough law enforcement to manage the crowds, problems with permits, and enviromental concerns about a certain type of sparrow that lays its eggs during June in the area where the festival was to be held...

the Calverton location is out of the picture... it's now at Giants Stadium in Rutherford, NJ... saturday 6/7 only... Radiohead, Beck and Beastie Boys have confirmed the date, but MMJ has not yet confirmed if they are playing...

and what sucks is your original Field Day ticket will not be honored (but they will be automatically refunded to your credit card)... but you must purchase a new ticket for the Giants stadium show...

http://www.fielddayfest.com/tickets.html

CC

MMJ is still playing.

See the news page for an update...

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Homer Simpson

looks like they had a good size crowd there to see them too!... awesome!  ;D

anyone know what they played?  

dthomas

pelcham mortiker

i was pleasantly surprised when i stepped outside and watched these guys. first time i heard em. but when i listen to their albums, they sound absolutely nothing at all like they did live. live they sounded pretty hard and when i got their studio stuff, it sounds like a cross between BRMC and willie nelson or something.

pelchy m

and can anyone save those pics and post em elsewhere? im not paying just to see those larger...  ???

CC

from the Columbia Spectator:

'Spectator's favorite band from the 2002 CMJ Marathon, My Morning Jacket, served as an antidote against the heavy rain that soaked the second stage audience. MMJ, led by singer/songwriter Jimmy James, are simply rock gods. Every song ended with a prolonged guitar eruption, complete with flying hair and gyrating bodies. James's (how cool is it that "James" can refer to both his first and last name?) strength shows in his lyrics: "Phone Went West" ends with the lines, "Is there a lock on your back door? / There'll be a knock on your back door." This set-ender concluded with the aforementioned eruption, and the energy that MMJ gave off (on the parking lot stage, no less) proved that MMJ's combination of lyrical simplicity and prog-rock equals a slightly metal experience that no rock band today can touch.'

Oz

I'm ready when you are

Oz

Quotea cross between BRMC and willie nelson or something.

Now, that's an original one! Progrock, metal, BRMC, Willie Nelson... What's happening to our little rock ''n roll band?  :)
I'm ready when you are

the pelch

i dunno man, but this sucks. i downloaded more stuff and a lot of it sounds like flaming lips! the next album better be balls out loud rock like what i heard at field day, or else!

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hey there
Send me an email, and I'll hook you up with live stuff that rawks like you want it...
John
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there