Support bands

Started by Lieven, May 28, 2003, 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lieven

I just went to a gig from the "Stache" band in Ghent (Belgium). Had never heard of them but they were announced as "16 horsepower" alike, so I really had to check it out. Was really cool, they rock! You can visit them at www.stache.be

Guess what, I read in the biography that they supported My Morning Jacket (but don't know when)!! Cool!

I was thinking it may be interesting to post the support bands with each gig of MMJ. Since this one tonight was real good, I thought maybe we would get to know other great bands in this way. What do y'all think?

All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

CC

I remember them, they opened for MMJ at the cactus club, brugge... must have been the may 24, 2001 gig. Also remember likin it! Yes, sounded like 16HP, but also Tom Waits came to mind... good stuff.

swkvt

My band, the Last Virgins Of Guadalupe, was the local opener here in Phoenix/Tempe, it was nice, they were nice, very warm......their road manager was cold, hard ass.  But maybe that's in her job description......I don't see the Tom Waits/16 HP thang at all......Skynyrd/Neil Young, sure.

peanut butter puddin surprise

I think they're talking about Stache and not MMJ...but I could be wrong.  

Hey, how is Arizona these days...I've been twice out there and I really miss the desert.  (not to mention Mill Avenue, just for the bars)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

CC

yeah i was talkin about stache there

oh and the rm is just as nice and warm, it's the job that's hard-ass

oh you mean road manager!  i'm thinking "where the hell is rm?" Somehow, I thought you might be talking about Holland...

Damn lack of functioning synapses... ;D

CC

well, holland IS cold and hard-ass! ;)

oh come on now...you DO have that whole thing with the (ahem)establishments that serve illicit substances...that is hardly hard ass IMHO.

America would be soooooo much better off if our politicians had to frequent those kind of places daily... ;)

lfish

Hey lieven,
thx for that tip, man.  I've never heard of that band, but on the site you can download songs and, I must agree, it sounds good. (wist zelfs niet dat het een belgische groep is).  

lfish

Lieven

You're welcome, lfish.
Was first time i saw them, but i liked it a lot! You should try to check them out next time they're in the neighbourhood. If you were at the MMJ gig in Nijdrop last year, and you liked the songs they played before and after the gigs, well, it was the Stache-singer who was the dj that evening...
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

lfish

Yeah I liked it a lot.  There even was a song of Neil Young which I didn't even know, and I almost have all the cd's of this guy.  They also played shelter from the storm from old bob and a song of will oldham. It was very good.  It was be the ideal music for to warm up and to end the evening.

I really enjoyed that evening.  It was magical.
lfish