What Gets You Ready?

Started by hipkink, Jun 16, 2003, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hipkink

I was just wodering what gets everyone ready for an MMJ Show. You can't listen to the band you're going to see on the way to the show. Or is that just me? Anyway - as cheesy as it is - AC/DC - For Those About To Rock... oooooh. It gets me in the mood. Then I like to bring it down after the show with some Jim Croce or James Taylor - you know - mellow, 70's folk-pop. But after the San Diego show - it was "At Dawn" all the way back to L.A. Then live stuff back to Sacramento.  
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Other than the Brass Monkey and Maker's Mark?  ;)

Usually, a dose of War Pigs by Black Sabbath, followed by a chaser of Led Zep's I or Houses of the Holy...why is it always the classics??

But yeah, I agree.  You just can't listen to the band you're going to see right before the show...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

bad bad leroy brown

Yeah, its like wearing the T-shirt of the band you're going to.  You don't want to be that guy...

But, I would say a very careful alcohol primer (I drank too much Maker's and Coke before the headliners show and almost ruined my night, thank God for Bobby Bare Jr.  I got to chat with him after his set and I sobered up pretty well.)

But as far as music?  Usually something up-beat but not intense.  The Shins for instance, or perhaps Built to Spill.  I would get a little rowdy with Jethro Tull, but my friends wouldn't share my enthusiasm.  Afterwards I roll all four windows of my road-boat Grand Marquis down and drive around Louisville, playing all the Live Jeff Tweedy I can get my hands on.  I finish the night like all other nights, with a play of Richard Buckner -- "The Hill"

hipkink

Did I forget to mention the alcohol? :o What is wrong with me??? Maker's Mark!!! I swear - My Morning Jacket fans are sistas and brothas from different mothas! God Bless the Maker's Mark!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteYeah, its like wearing the T-shirt of the band you're going to.  You don't want to be that guy...

Wait...I am that guy.   :D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there