Main Menu

Austin Show

Started by spacehound, Jun 05, 2003, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacehound

Well I saw MMJ theo ther day here and Austin, and I wasn't disappointed... it was a fantastic show, lots of fun.

The bands showmanship was even batter than the last time I saw them I believe. Jim got hit in the eye by a fan in front of me on the front row... I think he said he was Jim's cousin, but I dunno... he grabbed his leg alot... There were also some very cool classic rock and roll poses... and they even took a moment of silence for a friend's dog that was going into surgery... twas nice. It was only a $12 show, but it feels like I should have spent at least $30. I only wish Jim would have taken some requests like the last time I saw them... oh well... I'm really excited about the new album now... even more than before.

Does anyone know if it was recorded or what will become of all of the video they shot of the concert?

And here's the actual text from the setlist I grabbed off the stage for those of you interested...

DANCE
LOW
DARK
ONE
I WILL
WAR
BEAR
EVELYN
JUSTONE
HEARTBREA..
WAYHE
MAHGEE
STEAMY!
-----
Jim
O
PHONE (with a kitty face drawn in the "O")

spacehound

I hate to reply to my own post but I forgot to mention one thing. I was really surprised by the opening band, a local act called Moonlight Towers. They were actually really good, and the name is pretty cool... being named after the "Moon Towers" all over Austin.

Anyway.... just wanted to mention the opener... and the Lone Star beer was $2 which made it even nicer.

Two memorable quotes from my buddies at the show:

M1, (during a quiet moment) "Yeah! Good Band!!!" -It was so stupid, and yet so funny, because he was being sincere...

M2, (who was high) "This makes me feel the same way I feel when I watch Easy Rider high." -Maybe some of you can relate... a true American feeling...