Main Menu

Bonnaroo

Started by admin, Jun 16, 2003, 03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

the bonnaroo site has some mmj photos in their gallery:

http://www.bonnaroo.com/2003/gallery03/photos/index.htm

will have more in our own gallery soon...

CC

more bonnaroo pix in the gallery!

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hey,
The Courier-Journal, the Louisville newspaper, didn't even mention MMJ in their article on Bonnaroo.

What a rip!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Jim O'Rourke

we should all send emails to the editor... this is just sloppy journalism... not acceptable!

I think I will!

Of course, they mentioned Ms. Osbourne, but not MMJ???

Here's what I sent to the writer of the article:

QuoteDear Grace,
I was writing in response to your article on the Bonnaro Festival.  While it was well thought out and well written (thank you for that), I must point out that another Louisville band was performing at the festival, and was not mentioned in your piece.

My Morning Jacket, of Louisville, are up and coming musicians that have recently signed to Dave Matthew's ATO label (a major label debut is due out in August of this year) and have been touring the country almost nonstop since the debut of their first record, The Tennesee Fire.  They are a fantastic rock band that delivers a live show sure to tear the roof off of any place they play.

I just wanted to point out that they were there, and if you missed their show, you might want to check them out sometime when they are playing in Louisville.

Thank you for your time,
John Conaway

If you feel so inclined, write an email yourself to the writer, gschneider@courier-journal.com

muhahahahahaa!!!

And here is her reply:

QuoteDear Mr. Conaway: Thank you for your note. I have seen MMJ (opening for
Dylan and at the E-town taping) and I was quite impressed. But my assignment
was NOT to be there to reflect the fortunes of Louisville bands; rather, it
was to report on the Bonnaroo phenomenon.
Good luck to the band!
Grace Schneider

Hmmmm.....

CC

some new photos added from bonnaroo

thnx to jeff kravitz

hipkink

Then why did she mention Ms. Osbourne? I doubt that she represents the Bonnaroo "phenomenom" any more than MMJ! I'm sorry guys - but even if it was a crappy Sacramento band, our papers would have given a shout out. It's a shame that they weren't even mentioned. Oh well. The writer just ended up looking kind of goofy for not mentioning the hometown band. But man! Why wouldn't she? They're so damn good!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.