gig in London

Started by smog1974, Jul 28, 2003, 06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zmog1974

Any chance of another gig in London at the end of August...im going to Reading to get my fix..but it wont be enough ,im so greedy...i dont ask for much in life. You Americans are so lucky.... :D

hipkink

Don't think we don't know it. But you guys across the pond have been spoiled with SO many amazing bands! I'm listening to Hefner as I write this... :'( I never got to see them live.
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

Zmog1974

Cool !Hefner are one of my all time favourite bands..i have seen them about 4 times and they were amazing.I am surprised in an American liking a band that is so English though. But i suppose its the same for me liking MMJ who are so American.Anyway what album are you listening too..my favourite is the Fidelity Wars...its so cool...but all their albums are great...drop us an e-mail and let me know what albums ,eps you have. i have lots of old singles so i may be able too swap etc... Im coming to America in September to see MMJ at the Bowery ballroom in New York..I  just bought my tickets for the Saturday and Sunday and i cant wait. Well i know they will only be able to play a limited set at the Reading festival...so if they wont come to me , ill just have to come to them. I cannot Wait, im proper excited...the fact that the Kings of Leon are playing 2 nights later at the Bowery has made the holiday even sweeter...New York here i come.

hipkink

Ah, Hefner! Fidelity Wars is my favorite as well! I have all of their albums, The Hefner Brain EP, Hymn To The Cigarettes single, Christian Girls single, The Sweetness Lies Within single, and my friend, angie has a bunch of old singles. We made a b-sides comp that's pretty cool. We don't have the "I Took Her Love For Granted" single or anything from "The Hefner Soul," or "Revelations." But together, we have a good collection. I also have a couple of live records. "Kick, Snare, Hats, Ride," of course, and another one that was recorded in Paris. What do you think of The French? I haven't heard anything yet, but I assume it's going to be more like Dead Media Hefner. But that's okay with me. I can't get enough of Darren's lyrics!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

csbx

For those who weren't aware, Hefner are back, with more of an electronic focus (they were heading that way anyway), under the name of 'The French'. It's still Darren and John, but minus Ant, the drummer. There's an album out and a website too (can't remember the url).

Craig.

Zmog1974

Just to let all u fans in the U.K know ..The boys are playingthe Mean Fiddler in November..Tickets available through Wayahead....no doubt once the album comes out and the tickets are in huge demand the venue will change to the Astoria....this always seems to happen..anyway see u all there...and dont forget to buy me a beer :)

wordawg

Smog
Where did you get the news about the November gig?
the future is Ginger

Zmog1974

oh i have my sources..Nah! it was by the off chance really. I often check out the ticket sites and too my excitement came across it. I have already purchased 10 tickets for me and my mates/girlfriends etc..Seeing them Saturday at Reading,,counting the days...Im also off to New York in Sept to see them at the Bowery Ballroom..im so excited i have to tell the world...hope you get your tickets:)

wordawg

Lucky sod.  I'm seeing them at Leeds on Sunday :D
the future is Ginger

Angie

I saw them last nite - they were supporting Doves in Llandudno.  They were great!