Back to Detroit...hell yeah!

Started by burrito_brother, Sep 05, 2003, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burrito_brother

Just got my tickets today!  ;D Where are the detroit jacket junkies hiding? Let me know where you are and who you are.
right on!

otter

Does Michigan Jacket Junkies count? Not from Detroit, but I am bringing a whole slew of people from Grand Rapids to the show. Are you and your friends meeting anywhere for food and/or drinks prior to the show? Can't Wait...See you there?

burrito_brother

Hey there otter...not quite sure of pre-jacket party plans...but there will be some for sure.  In Michigan...any jacket fans count!  They are headlining the show and hopefully there will be somewhat of a turn-out this time!  At least they are not playing in the Shelter ....that place sucks!  Pissy staff and all! I don't know 'bout you...but it seems that jacket fans are hard to find in Michigan.  Everybody is so full of the Detroit-garage-historical-Re-enactment scene...(you know what I'm talkin' 'bout) that they seem to miss the REAL music!

my_evening_jacket

Hey Otter and Burrito Brother,

A friend and I will be making the drive from Grand Rapids for this show as well.  Did you get your tickets through the Ticket Monster?
shake some action

otter

We were all going to get them at St. Andrews and skip any charges..I'll call a couple days before the show to make sure it's not going to sell out. If it is I'll do ticket monster right then.

Let's meet up anyway...you guys pick a spot and we'll be there. I'm getting antsy. 11 more days. It'll be fun for sure.

my_evening_jacket

Yeah, I am hoping not to have to feed the ticket monster for this one.

I am not sure how early I will be able to make my way over to WhiteStripe Motown.  Maybe our burrito brother can pick a place nearby and I will do my best to make it.

Tim
shake some action

burrito_brother

last time we went down to mexican village...scarfed down some vitles and margharitas(magheetas!) and headed over to the venue. I'm thinking of something a little closer this time.  Maybe greektown...let me know what you guys think.

otter

I think Greektown sounds great...that's where we usually meet anyway. Fishbones...Pizza Papalis...what do you guys think...a few of us are likely to go down early, so I'll meet up with you guys at the appointed time and place...You guys just do the appointing...Can't wait.

my_evening_jacket

I am going to leave this to burrito brother since I can't say for sure that I can get there early enough to hook up.  Pick the place and I will do my best to make it.

Either way see you at the show.
shake some action

otter

The wait is nearly over. i hope anyone from michigan did their job of networking friends to get to this show. Their new album is deserving of good outings everywhere they go...let's not let them down..we don't want them to ever consider skipping Michigan. See you all there.

We're still up for a brew before hand if anyone wants to meet up prior to the show.

cll

anyone know the word on taping the show?  I'll stealth if I have to...but would rather throw my mics on a stand....

otter

We're going early to check on the taping status...Patrick e-mailed me back once a long time ago and said we could tape them anytime...The Shelter allowed my friend scott to tape the last show so I think it will be ok...we're bringing both rigs though, in the event that upstairs is different.

dklein

The taping should be cool if you are  ::)
Be sure to hook up with the very cool Ryan, who's running the board.  Give him an analog patch if you've got some good gear running - he needs a 1/8" stereo male for his mac.

otter

Is Ryan MMJ's new sound guy or is he St. Andrews guy. I pretty sure MMJ has their own sound guy named Dave unless something has changed in the past 6 months.

Do you work there? Just curious because you said "if your cool" it'll be ok. Thanks in advance

dklein

Ryan is their sound guy for this leg of the tour - not sure about past and future.  I don't work there - I live in Toronto and taped there.  All I meant by "if you're cool" was introduce yourself, be nice and I'm sure you'll be fine.  I just wouldn't go in there like you're entitled to set up...it's always a privilege.  But I'm sure you know that if you're a regular taper  8)

Also - offer copies.

otter

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not the taper... my friend Scott is. He just keeps hounding me to find out to put his own mind at ease. How did your copy of the Toronto show turn out? Can I get a copy perhaps? Thanks again

dklein

cheddah frank

Well Well another Detroit show  and look who is trying to run the show again and telling people to go to shitapapolis.  Otter tell me do you have relatives that run the place?  Is granny letting you borrow the the big ole John Deere for your trip the the city or are you and the other Jethros sadlling up Trigger and make the haul the usual way via horseback?   I will still be looking for for the cap and your bibs, I am hoping since it is harvest time you got the new pair of Dickies bibs from your local Walmart.  Remember to spend your all corn money in our fair city you tourist.  

danilove

QuoteWell Well another Detroit show  and look who is trying to run the show again and telling people to go to shitapapolis.  Otter tell me do you have relatives that run the place?  Is granny letting you borrow the the big ole John Deere for your trip the the city or are you and the other Jethros sadlling up Trigger and make the haul the usual way via horseback?   I will still be looking for for the cap and your bibs, I am hoping since it is harvest time you got the new pair of Dickies bibs from your local Walmart.  Remember to spend your all corn money in our fair city you tourist.  

Dude- Come back to us when you have somethin' relevant to say - there's no justifying your incessant need to pick on cool people...rather you should just count your lucky stars and relish the fact that there's something worth seeing in your second-rate town.

Love.
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

otter

I think you are the only person on this site of 463 members that is rude. What's your deal hot dog man?

I also live in a city, not a corn field... I don't wear bibs or drive tractors...Do you have something against farmers and restaurant owners?

Your not worth the time...