"official" I'm going to Bonnaroo thread.

Started by sweatboard, Feb 08, 2005, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Quotewe should have a giant Jacket Jam. They're so fan friendly, you gotta hope they'd find time to check us out. Devoted fans from the website trek to Bonnaroo to play em some tunes, I bet you they'd stop by. We have to jam in the campsite at least. I'll bring my slide and plenty of extra strings.

Maaayyybbbeeee...  But it might be scary to be one of the rock bands in a big concert, and to come out into the camping area...  

Regardless, we'll play, and I'm really hoping that I get to hear you play some of your OWN songs!!  :)

(And also show me about this open tuning business if I haven't figured it out by then...)

tomEisenbraun

no problemo. I'll make sure to bring a notebook and pen to make sure to write some stuff down for ya if ya need it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Quoteno problemo. I'll make sure to bring a notebook and pen to make sure to write some stuff down for ya if ya need it.

You're wicked!!  :)

marktwain

Quotewe should have a giant Jacket Jam.

This is an idea I've been kicking around in my head for awhile.  I won't be at Bonnaroo (:'() but there's a place called the Rudyard Kipling in Louisville, where basically anyone can set up a show from what I understand.  MMJ used to play there a lot, & I would love to get a party together, and take turns covering MMJ songs (or have a fun & sloppy jam session).

This is an idea I've been kicking around in my head for awhile.  I won't be at Bonnaroo (:'() but there's a place called the Rudyard Kipling in Louisville, where basically anyone can set up a show from what I understand.  MMJ used to play there a lot, & I would love to get a party together, and take turns covering MMJ songs (or have a fun & sloppy jam session).

Count me in to go to the Rud.  Not to play songs, rather to be sloppy.  

EC

Ummm, could we do this on the week of June the 8th?  If so, I'm in, too.

John?  antioniostrohs?

WORD!!!!

tomEisenbraun

if you oculd arrange this like right before bonnaroo happens, I might be able to make it... that would be amazing. Imagien a giant group rendition of cobra....

yummy

antoniostrohs

The Rud would be a fun time.It is a pretty cool small venue located in the Old Louisville area that is used for plays and music and other types of perfomances.But according to their website their might be some stipulations on booking. www.therudyardkipling.com/pages/206999/index.htm
If that didn't work out maybe we could get together at someone's home here in the the Louisville area.I'm not an accomplished guitar player as some on this board so don't know  about playing but would glad to help in other ways(maybe some type of light percussion like congas,shakers tambourine).

EC

QuoteThe Rud would be a fun time.It is a pretty cool small venue located in the Old Louisville area that is used for plays and music and other types of perfomances.But according to their website their might be some stipulations on booking. www.therudyardkipling.com/pages/206999/index.htm
If that didn't work out maybe we could get together at someone's home here in the the Louisville area.I'm not an accomplished guitar player as some on this board so don't know  about playing but would glad to help in other ways(maybe some type of light percussion like congas,shakers tambourine).

What?  You don't think we'd be popular enough to draw a crowd of 75 people?  

heh. ;) (hi!)

marktwain

thats ricockulous.  i've been to tons of shows there that had nowhere near 75 people.

EC

Quotethats ricockulous.  i've been to tons of shows there that had nowhere near 75 people.

ricockulous is my new favourite word.  Holy crap.

tomEisenbraun

Maaayyybbbeeee...  But it might be scary to be one of the rock bands in a big concert, and to come out into the camping area...  

Regardless, we'll play, and I'm really hoping that I get to hear you play some of your OWN songs!!  :)

I just sent Jim an email and ivnited him out. Hopefully they'll be up for it. That'd be so amazing, to be able to jam with one of our musical heroes! ;D

Enrump

I wanna come to..... Too bad the atlantic ocean is so big.