Must-see Athens

Started by ycartrob, Apr 11, 2005, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

OK, got my tickets for B'ham and Athens. Will not have time to do much in B'ham, but want to spend all day in Athens. Can someone give me the ins and outs of Athens? Having never been there, I need food, music store, shops, place to stay near 40 Watt??? See you at the shows!!

Bermuda Highway Patrol

It is my understanding that 40 Watt is near the heart of Athens, where anything worth doing/seeing would be.  But don't listen to me, someone else will have better info...  See you at the show   ;D

George

Great college town.  There's about a nine square block downtown area.  Lot's of bars, restaurants, and music stores.  I've only been there once, and that was 2 years ago, so I don't remember the names of all the places, but I'll give it a go.  The Georgia Bar was hot.  Cheap 24oz beers.  It's right across the street from the Georgia Theatre.  Taco Stand and Little Italy had pretty good, cheap food.  I also remember a couple good music stores, but I forget the names.  And there are a Holliday Inn and a Holliday Inn Express with in walking distance of the main down town area.

gtpremed

schoolkids records

http://www.schoolkidsrecords.com/athens.html

All the bars are roughly the same, and there are plenty to choose from.  Everything you need is downtown Athens.  There is also a little record shop attached to 40 Watt

neal

i just purchased my ticket last night. $18 shipped to my house, not too overly priced. see yall in athens!

EC

Hey you guys, I'm listening to Parker and Lily right now - they're the openers for the Athens show.  They're really great!  You should check their website - lots of mp3s to git you all familiar.  Wow.  Really nice.